I think my plant has a nutrient burn

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jimithing8741, Oct 17, 2007.

1. So some of my plants have patches of brown on the leaves. These plants are only a few weeks old so they are not too big. At first I thought that the light was too close and it was burning them. Now the light is further away and I have a fan too circulate air and keep the plants cool. This really didn't help anything because some of the plants still have these brown spots even though when you put you hand over top of the plants, the air is cool and comfortable. Any suggestions to what I should do. Pictures are included. Please help. My grow book doesn't really go over this and I really don't want my plants to die.

Attached Files:

2. its light burn

the leaf margins are curling upwards to conserve transpiration.....heat

you have already raised the lights but what wattage and how close are they now

3. I have a metal halide 400 watt bulb on top of the plants right now. The bulb is approximately about 1 and 1/2 feet above the tip of my biggest plant. I think the problem is heat then because the plants are in this closet in my place and I can't keep the door open all the time because its right next to my front door and it would be too easy for people to see when they came in. The room gets really hot when I leave the door closed for a long time because there is no vent in the closet. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can keep the temperature down in the closet? I plan to leave the door open at night and for like 20 minutes every time I come home, but during the day I am not home for a majority of the time.

4. leave the door open and put a sheet or such over the doorso you can still use fans

5. I wish I could do that but my room mate has people over some times and I don't want them to see or even know about my grow operation. I pretty much leave the door open now all the time when I am home and can monitor who sees the plants and who doesn't. Is there anything I can do to make it cooler without opening the door? I know it sucks but I just don't want his friends to see it cuz they are assholes who don't know when to not talk about shit.

6. set your light cycle to go on at nite when your there and turn off after you go to work, that way you can leave the door open when the lights are on

get the room mate to close the door, when people come over

7. I'm still in the veg cycle though so won't that hurt the plants in some ways?

8. not at all, budding cycle is the more important one

9. I just wanna make sure before I do this because I already lost a few plants and I really can't afford to loose any more right now. A few plants have been growing for like 2 weeks now and a few for like a week. Switching to a cycle where I only have the lights on when I'm home will now ruin these plants and they will still put out as much bud as they would if I kept the door closed and light on when I'm gone and then opened the door when I got home?

10. I already stated it wont hurt your plants while in veg, to change the lites
    you can ask for advice elsewhere if you dont believe me , wont hurt my feelings

11. Moving the light cycle wont take more than a few hours off your plants, but heat stress can kill them.:(