I think my girlfriend wants to bail...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by vapinallday, Feb 1, 2012.

1. I'm pretty sure she's been ignoring me lately and doesn't answer my phone calls, when I'm with her she doesn't really talk and acts sort of annoyed, Ive asked her about all of this and if anything is wrong, she just responds "I don't like talking on the phone and I'm just tired" a few weeks ago she was great and now I'm kinda getting the cold shoulder, advice?

2. Yea man this fucking sucks. But honestly, hopefully you're not that far into the relationship. Some things just aren't meant to work. I wouldn't fall in love with her or anything because you have the gut feeling probably (Feelings that your brain can't comprehend and explain to you in words, but there is something wrong that you can't understand) but I would just try to keep her around as good friends, have some good sex after some more time and then see how she likes you then, but until then don't fall for this chick, maybe it's you falling for her hardcore that's making her grab you by the nuts? How often do you talk to her? Do you love her? How long have you been together? Stereotype that fits her?

3. [quote name='"Lerf"']Yea man this fucking sucks. But honestly, hopefully you're not that far into the relationship. Some things just aren't meant to work. I wouldn't fall in love with her or anything because you have the gut feeling probably (Feelings that your brain can't comprehend and explain to you in words, but there is something wrong that you can't understand) but I would just try to keep her around as good friends, have some good sex after some more time and then see how she likes you then, but until then don't fall for this chick, maybe it's you falling for her hardcore that's making her grab you by the nuts? How often do you talk to her? Do you love her? How long have you been together? Stereotype that fits her?[/quote]

Well its been 2 years, we talk everyday (she lives with me) i wouldn't say love its more of an infatuation right now but I could see myself marrying this girl some day.

4. Happens, you just gotta keep rolling on and learn brothaman. Tell her how you feel, best advice really.

5. maybe its that time of the month?

6. [quote name='"vapinallday"']

Well its been 2 years, we talk everyday (she lives with me) i wouldn't say love its more of an infatuation right now but I could see myself marrying this girl some day.[/quote]

I think that's the problem...you have been together for two years, live together, and still wouldn't say it's love...I say live the bachelor life my friend

7. Yep...she bailed, over text and almost word for word of what my last girlfriend sent me.

8. Sorry to hear that man, go smoke a fat joint and forget about it

9. What did she say? Im sorry to hear that man...

10. I'm sorry about that. If it's been two years and you still couldn't call it 'love', maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I've been living with my boyfriend for almost two years and I'm pretty sure he just got bored with me. Maybe try living apart from your next girlfriend for as long as you can, and see where that goes. For some reason the further apart you are, the more you seem to miss and want each other every day.

11. It always sucks man, best advice is stay away from her for a while no matter what she tells you. If she's sincere she'll have no problem waiting for you and if she doesn't end up talking to you again consider yourself lucky.

12. This is what happened...she cleaned out all her stuff when I was at work, took my truck and left a note where to pick it up, and wrote good bye in lipstick on my door with a note that said "we can't be together anymore, I don't feel the same about you anymore and I've been really stressed and I need a break, I'm really sorry this is going to be hard on both of us, i will always have feelings for you."

She dumped me exactly a year after I tried to kill myself, and now that she's gone, I know I loved her

13. Damn brother, I'm sorry to hear that. Take a few days if you can and let it all out. Then try your best to pick it up and start moving on. Fill the time she had in your life with something else. Something productive. Go crazy with it. You need to focus on achieving something.

14. Everything will be ok. Times might be rough. One of my girlfriends broke up with me because she developed some majorrrr depression issues. That was the hardest thing to watch ever. I remembered all the good times we had, and then all I saw in her was sadness and pretty much just a grey mood. We all have rough times and tough breakups. But I'm assuming you still have friends and family who love you. So they will be there for you. Instead of looking at the sad things right now, think positive. What you will gain from this. Times always get better

15. Did you try to kill yourself in order to keep her? That's what I did and all it did was retard her choice of not dumping me. She cheated and was ready to leave but I took a bunch of pills and I showed up at her doorstep puking and we stayed together and she loved me but only because I tried t kill myself. If I didn't damn I wish I didn't try because she ended up doing it anyway with the same guy

16. [quote name='"Lerf"']

Did you try to kill yourself in order to keep her? That's what I did and all it did was retard her choice of not dumping me. She cheated and was ready to leave but I took a bunch of pills and I showed up at her doorstep puking and we stayed together and she loved me but only because I tried t kill myself. If I didn't damn I wish I didn't try because she ended up doing it anyway with the same guy[/quote]

No I didn't do it to make her stay, I have the curse of free money and let's just say it isn't as much fun as everyone thinks it is

17. As I said in another thread...

LOL

18. [quote name='"XVIPimp"']

As I said in another thread...

LOL[/quote]

Burn in hell...this shit isn't cool to laugh at

19. Don't get me wrong..

I feel bad for you ... I really do.

But, if you're using suicide threats to maintain a relationship... do you really think it would last ?

I'm sure you're young.. .and you live and you learn, but that just makes you look crazy/retarded to a girl... or better yet a woman.

Not trying to diss you. Better to realize that's not the way to react, sooner than later.

Best of luck in your future endeavors bro.

20. #20 Deleted member 476945, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    He tried to manipulate her by threatening to kill himself if she didn't stay with him... That's downright low. You can't force someone to stay with you; she probably resented him for it, which is why she left him eventually. If you really loved someone, you'd let them move on if they felt they needed to. If you cling to them and force them to stay, it's flat-out selfish - forcing them to stay for your sake is fucking pathetic.

That may come off a bit harsh but it is what it is.
    -----
    That sucks, OP, but you'll meet someone else. Maybe you weren't giving her enough space? Or maybe she had already wanted to leave but then stuck around for emotional support after you tried to commit suicide.

Either way, there's nothing you can really do about it except move on. Love is just an emotion and like any other, it comes and goes. If you keep in mind that you can fall in love with someone else, you will. That "one true love" nonsense is bullshit, and anyone who believes in it needs a 2x4 up the ass.

If she said the same thing as your last ex, that might mean she left for the same reasons. Either get together with your ex to chat, or call her on the phone, or send her a message or Facebook, or whatever and ask her what you need to work on so that your next girlfriend sticks around.

Don't just get into another relationship and make the same mistakes, learn from this and work on whatever it is that needs improving. Good luck. =D