Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think my friend smokes to much...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kimdracula, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Ok, it started as a normal thing but lately I think it's been too much smoking for him.

At the beginning of our senior year, me and him had an agreement that we would do great in school so we can continue to college, but these days I see him skipping at least 2 classes a day to go smoke, and then he'll start bitching if he doesnt have weed. And now my other buddy is telling me that he is thinking about dealing...

Wtf is wrong guys.

I'm all for tokin' some herb but not to the point where I rely on it to get through the day like he does.

Thoughts?

2. #2 Blunt, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    Sounds like me, except I get good grades. I've been starting to have the same thoughts about myself. If I wasn't though and my friend saw it before me I would want him to tell me. If he's failing out you have to talk to him about it because it's a mistake he won't be able to fix.

3. ^^^Why did you quote him? Your the 1st poster. Its not necessary.

Well

you need to get him alone and have a talk with him about how you see him. And You think he is going to fail out and not get into a good college. But Be honest but not a dick. Just point out what youve been noticing. and Tell him You think he should calm down. and make school your 1st priority.

You dont fuck with your education.. That is the biggest thing in your life right now. That high school diploma is the single most important thing you can have in life. GED can only get you so far.

The college degree shit isnt really all that important. You can live with out college. You can work up if you get the right job that has management positions and everything.

But You need to just have a talk with him and ask him whats going on. Be a friend.

4. He's said nothing about his grades man, but I can definitely tell they ain't anything good. Then he said some stuff about "I don't care about that class anyway I'm droppin' it".

The thing is tho is that whenever theres bud around, thats when we decide it's a good time to hang out. It used to be we would just chill just because, now it relies heavily on how much bud there is. It kinda sucks man, cuz I honestly haven't talked to the kid for more than 15 mins in the past 5 days and he's my best bro.

I'd like to add that we need our dealers, but I honestly don't see it as a respectable profession, and it seems like he doesnt even give an rats a*s about school anymore and just wants to push or something.

5. Yea, you're right. I'll also expect a response like "oh you're just straight edge now since you're on probation" or some BS like that. The kid is very biased sometimes and he likes to pretend he has everyone figured out.

I'll try anyway

6. just get him really high and show him reefer madness, he'll never smoke again

7. my thoughts exactly..speak to your friend and if he doesn't listen, tell him again..after that its not your responsibility and he will do what he wants..people dont like their friends to boss them around ya kno ? but at least you would play the role as a concerned friend

8. it might suck but you may have to part ways with your friend, and hope he sees that he's wrong. Just tell him how you feel before you do. it's high school, kids don't stay friends forever.

9. I thought the same way about my best friend when we both started, but if i were you i would worry about myself and ease up about it. Its good to look out for your friends but you can't control them, try to talk to him? People tend to go through phases with pot and sometimes you smoke every second you can and other times you hold off it more.

I've been smoking like crazy lately, every chance i can, not because i need to but because i have the time and money too and i have my shit together.

10. had a similar thing with my mate before, i talked to him about it and he didnt really seem bothered. he still got good a-levels in the end but didn't do as well as he could have.

11. nothing wrong with smoking some herb. just dont let it effect your life negatively ya kno.

12. Dont try to change him he don't wanna be changed man, just let it be

13. this is how you need to break it down. and until he understands this, he will forever struggle.

you can quote me on this if you want.

here it is!

marijuana is something that should be used to enhance your life, not a way to live your life.

gotta have your priorities. and school should be before mj any day.

14. I have a few friends like this. It's a sad reality of heavy use that you can lose sight of your priorities. I had/have this problem because I'm pretty spaced out the whole time (something that won't go away unless you stop smoking for a long period of time), but i still managed to grad with honors.

Another thing, when you end up going to college and can keep your shit together, he'll be able to see that and perhaps feel a bit left behind, which, from personal experience is a strong motivator.

15. i used to be like your friend.

16. QFT!

Except high school is a pile of sticks and dung, but college is another story.

17. reefer madnesss!!! that movie is crazzzy

18. tell him how you feel about his herb consumption but after that stay outta his hair. its his life, let him do what he wants. you can only state your opnion and cannot try to control him.

19. Just kill him. No use having some weed-addicted stoner around. GOD...If only he hadn't started smoking weed...It ruins lives.

20. Well I guess I'm not so much really concerned about how much he smokes, but it's how, when, and where he is doing it. He keeps skipping class just to go smoke and that irks me a bit.