I think my friend is seriously bipolar?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by starmie, Nov 28, 2012.

1. My friend used to be a completely normal person 3 years ago, then after she dated this boy he changed her completely. I've noticed she goes through a lot of emotional swings. They aren't dating anymore, but she's completely different as a person.

I usually wouldn't assume something like this, but she goes through these crazy moods. I don't know if she just changed as a person or not but she has cut out all of her friends. Whenever she talks to me, she always gets irritated or annoyed some way or another at me and then basically raises her tone and starts arguing. It happened again today, over something I said which didn't even really mean that much. All I said was that I don't like having a job while being in school and she freaked the fuck out on me. She has 'episodes' like these often, and she's often irritable sometime or other after she's in a good mood.

What do you guys think? I'd hate to assume it, maybe she's just a different person, but sometimes I seriously wonder if she is bipolar. She said she takes anti-depressants too, and I'm pretty sure it's for her anxiety and depression. She seems kind of depressed sometimes.

2. If it just all of a sudden started happening i doubt it.

3. I diagnose a 3 year- period :)

Edit: she maybe has some underlying issues like she's depressed or something and that's why he's easily irritated. Or maybe she has come to the conclusion that all boys are the same (ie dickheads) and that's why she has a short fuse with you. I would type more but I'm on my mobile sorry :)

4. Bipolar disorder is way more serious than just mood swings. More likely, there's something wrong in her private life so she's stressed out and constantly on edge. Maybe it's the guy she's dating?

5. How old is she?

It is very unlikely that she is Bipolar - in my opinion, and depending on her age. I have a lot of real-life experience with this in having been misdiagnosed for 10+ years as being Bipolar. Curious on the age tho?

6. ^ I'm the exact opposite 4+ years without being diagnosed and then got treated and it's helped :laughing:

7. Ups and downs man. Sounds like she's mostly down.

8. Puberty does things to people.

9. She needs the d and good weed

10. I can assure you that unless there is actual violence she is likely just going through a hard time. I just got out of a relationship with a girl that is 100% bi polar. She would get angry at such futile things as you mentioned, however she would not stop with an argument. She would begin hitting me and I would just let her do it. I could look her right in the eyes after she hit me and tell her I loved her. Her usual response was something along the lines of how much she hated me. I know she loved me and it was not completely her fault that she did the things she did to me and that is why I stayed with her for over 2 years. Trust me unless there is real violence she is not bi polar. The main way to tell is whether or not she comes down from the anger. Mood swings are one thing but whether or not she ever can calm down is the main tell. The girl I was with would get angry over such little things, but it would always end with her crying over what she had done out of rage or her simply sleeping it off. She never could go from angry to normal. If the girl you speak of can in any way calm down after being angry, she is not bi polar.

11. ^ Some people aren't violent all the time maybe she was more manic than down?

12. Lol maybe she is pregnant! Sorry ladies.:)