I think my fan might be messing up my plants.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cannabislover, Jan 19, 2009.

1. I have a normal sized oscillating fan in my flowering room which I leave on the lowest setting at all times. the plants that are closest to the fan are withering up on the side that the fan is on, can I help this some way?

2. do you rotate your plants at all ? how big is the fan, have used a normal desk fan now on two grows from veg state with no adverse side effects

3. Its sounds like to me theres to much dry air in there u need more fresh air that what drying out the leaves, imagine a news paper on a hot plate, rotate and circulate best advice at worst it could be a ph imbalance :) how this helps

4. No I didnt rotate them becuase they only look withered on the side that the fan is blowing on and I dont want the other sides to end up the same way.
    My only ideah would be to turn the fan off when the light goes off, but I dont know if that would be good for them

5. Do you know what the humidity is in your grow room? Mine is extremely dry so I leave out several baking sheets full of water. If I ever let the baking sheets go dry then the fan does dry up my plants. Leaving the fan off when the lights are off shouldn't really hurt your plants in my opinion.

6. how dry does the humidity need to be before I need to put trays of water in there with them

7. dude props on your fucking name....Rusty Shackylford........holy shit dale.

8. Thats pretty normal for the leaves closest to the fan to take a little beating. Check your humidity also and if need be add a humidifier. I like to keep my humidity at around 50-65%.

9. I don't know a dale, who is this dale you speak of? A handsome fellow I assume.

10. humidity levels:
    Clones/Seedlings: 70-100%
    Vegitative: 60-70%
    Flowering: 50-60%

as rough guides to try adhere to