I think ive just messed up :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ConForm, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Hi all..... so i'm doing my first grow and it was going well up to this morning. They are now 6 inches in height and bordering 5 weeks old. They stunted right at the start when the first 2 true leaves came through as i'm using coco and forgot to use any nutes but that issue is well and truly over, however, it did stop growth noticeably for over a week or so :(

My plants have at least 8 nodes on each of them and are very bushy and all nodes are pretty damn close together but my huge mistake has been that i was concerned that the underneath nodes were going to suffer if i didn't move the largest fan leaves that were basically covering everything up. At first i tried to tuck them but they were too big to go under anything and then i thought, if you can break branches when supercropping you can surely break leaf stems to get them out the way. I did that and they looked pretty sad afterwards and just hung low like a sulking baby, even after about 4 days. As they looked a little worse for wear, i then thought it may be a good idea to trim them off........ so i did....... and now i'm reading that i've probably done way more harm than good.

I've got no pictures at the moment but will try to get some up later on. Have i killed my girls before they've had a real chance to get anywhere?? There are still a lot of leaves on them but the ones i chopped off were the largest fan leaves by far and the greenest, although they did look a tiny bit nute burned.

Their environment is sound enough. I've got them in a 80x80 tent with 1x300w cfl dual spec, 2x85w blue spec and 1x85w red spec with lots of air and decent filter etc. Temps stay within 65 - 75 degrees, night and day and humidity fluctuates between 40-65%... higher just after watering.

Thanks for any advice in advice in advance ;)

2. did you destroy a lot of growth that the plants have worked hard (and watsed grow time thusly) ?? ... yes.

will the plants die altogether ? ... i've seen them recover from some amazing stuff. in outdoor i'd see plants get crushed into the ground and still survive, so i doubt all is lost.

good luck bro.

3. if you've got 8 nodes and only removed a few fan leaves everything should be fine. Keep it simple and usually the best answer for a new grower (often some of us old timers too!) is just LITFA. Good luck brother, congrats on popping your first beans...the rest of your life is going to be different now that you're growing your own, enjoy the ride.

4. Cutting a couple of fan leaves off a plant at that age should not cause major trauma to the plant. I suspect that your issues are coming from other things. Take some time before you post the pictures and give us a detailed description of your grow process, watering schedule, etc. That information along with some good clear pictures of your plants will help us figure out what your problem is. TWW

5. Aah good, i didn't think it would affect it too much but it seems this topic is of much debate and with a 50/50 split in opinion, you just can't seem to get a solid answer haha. Well, i'll wait it out a few more days and then grab some pics for ya.

Thanks for the answers people, you guys are straight on it here.... muchos respect ;)