I think i've been had.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Rippedmofuck, Jun 30, 2011.

1. First year grow for me, and i've been through all the rigamaroll learning curve...but what I'm wondering is it possible to get a disgnosis to my problem.

I have a month old plant that is 3 inches tall with 3 leaf nodes.

Compared to what i've seen this isn't right, i've been feeding fox farm ocean + bone meal. There's no nute burn, but i have a feeling that the problem is that i got them as clones from a friend, do you think it's possible that the 2wk old clones are root bound, and that they havent grown since b/c of the wrapping that was around them....

I just took the covering material off today but wtf do i do?! I thought it was supposed to stay on, Will they grow like a foot now that the roots are freed or am i fucked?

[​IMG]

2. Looks like you are still on the learning curve, on the uphill side. LOL

The plant should take off now that you took the wrapper off.:D

Just don't go crazy with a bunch of nutes and water trying to get it 'caught up'. It will catch up, but right now just doesn't have the root system to handle too much of anything.

You'll be fine.

Wet

3. YES THANK YOU T_T, my girls have a chance *hug

So they are in a huge 5 gal pot with a pathetic root system no bigger than a babies fist.....

hehe so like, i thought they were starting to flower b/c they had no space to grow anymore...can i expect the leaves to get like double or triple in size or are they done growing and i'll have to wait for new nodes to see epicgrowtime?

How long should it be before I start seeing it shoot up ?
    I've seen 1wk old plants that look taller :S

4. Do you have perlite in there? It looks like no, so the roots have trouble breathing. Nutes or more or less water have nothing to do with the slow growth imo. Use an airy soil mix.

5. Big +1 on the airy soil mix. :hello:

*I* run close to 40% perlite in my mix and have for years.

Snag some if you don't have any and lighten that mix up.

Wet

6. #6 Rippedmofuck, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    Hey thanks , i'm in canada and have a home depot nearby, can you suggest anything in specific that they could have in stock ? I'll take a look online and see if i can find any in the meantime till i hear from you.

7. Like everyone said, nice airy soil. I would just give it water for a few days too. Just my opinion.

8. Couldnt find anything really, im afraid of overpaying and blwoing my cash or underpaying and not getting the bang i need.

Anything that has been tried and tested is welcome by anyone.

9. Happy Frog is a good soil (especially for younger plants). It's airy and has less nutes than the ocean forest, so it's less likely to burn.

10. see 3rd link under my sig for soil mix or see Dankohzee's organic section sticky. Just buy perlite and add it 30-40% of total volume. Also add 30% horse manure/worm casting and 30% peat tada.

For bigger plants, add general dry fert at bottom and/or chicken manure (both stronger)