I think its time...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MTHonadle, Aug 10, 2009.

1. I have a small grow with 4 plants going. When they have finished flowering (roughly 40-70% red hairs and crystals have turned amber) how exactly do I cure them for best result, hydroponic solution to pipe? Can I just hang them up in my closet next to my clothes? Or does a darker (not light-proof) environment enhance moulds growing? I have no fear of repercussion at this moment, so should I just string them up like clothes in the center of my room (mind the ceiling fan)?

Help. I have tried outdoor grows before and failed, tried indoor grows and received males. This is my first successful grow, and now I haven't the slightest idea how to take it from plant material to smokable material.

2. i cut my big leaves off the stem first.

trim the buds and save the leaves if you want to make something out of them.

I oput my buds in a paper grocery bag for a few daqys on top of the dryer so it stays kinda warm, but i move them around in the bag once in awhile.

after the stems snap when broken I put them ion Mason jars for another week.

after that week............:smoking::smoking:

it seems so long to wait, but proper drying and curing make the world of difference

3. Damn, I can't just smoke it after 3 days of hanging? At least the little side buds? Realistically, does it have to be mason jared for days?

Sorry, but I'm on the drawl and need something to keep me going...

4. its your stash man, do as you please.:smoking:

5. #5 MTHonadle, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    I was more curious as to what exactly the difference between buds that have only been hung and those jarred.

Is there a difference?

6. big and sometimes even huge difference...a properly good cured bud will TASTE SMELL AND SMOKE better than a bud NOT cured properly. OHH and lets not forget the overall effect may be different and most likely will....stash low? grab a couple of the smaller weaker buds dry em out and smoke em... CURE the rest! patience is key and you will thank yourself for doing so.

7. Thanks Pitt.

I likely will just hang dry the tiny ones to smoke now, and let the big fat head bastards cure properly.

Thanks.

8. Hang em for at least a week, or when you put them in the jars they'll start to smell like a fresh cut lawn, which nobody wants...

don't put a fan directly on them, just string them up in your room and make sure the air isn't stagnant.

Good luck! Stay strong!

And as for the paper bag thing that might be the worst idea I've ever heard. The dryer is going to damage your trichs.

9. Well, there's my first baby...

Whatcha think? Wet weight 23 g's minus the 4 grams I quick dried. Still have 3 more plants waiting for the right time.

Any opinions would help greatly as this is my first time...

Attached Files:

10. looks good, id trim them a lil better though. you want to have the least amount of leaves in your buds as possible.

good job +rep on first successful grow man!

11. Dont sell yourself short man. Cure those buds and it will make all the difference. Hell, i've bought bags in the past that i've thrown in a jar for a week or two and noticed a big difference.

12. Looks great hope it smokes good , the paper bag works good but i did not put it on my dryer basically the slower you can draw out moisture the more potent and tasty that bitch will be . Now you get to start all over again its fun as hell isnt it ?

13. You guys are fuckin awesome. I tried joining another forum and as I said in my "my first grow" post all I got was reamed about my lighting and "I hope its obvious enough you go to jail you stupid kid," kinda comments, here...nothing but good, decent people.

Thats why I'm trying to use this place as a launch pad for a pro marijuana campaign. Positive thinking. Good hearts. I want to assemble good, decent stoners in DC and demand our right to be ourselves.

14. Nice cola bud! +rep on your first of many successful grows!

15. it's so nice having a successful harvest, One of my favorite feelings in then world =]

Looks like some preety trich bud man

-BH

16. Plant numero dos. Yeah? Whatcha think, their all harvesting at different times due to the fact that their random bag seeds.

Attached Files:

17. im thinking the time for it to happen might come up. i mean the way things are going now, the country is going to need to make money, if cali does it, and it works out then maybe they will do something. they seem to be talking a little bit more and more about marijuana on cnn and fox in a more positive light. we have seen if the media talks about something alot, for example; obama during the election, more people will be intrested and maybe some of the lies used to make it look so bad will be rebutted.

i think our country has more important things to worry about then drug use.

but those buds do look good. i have some regular growing now and i hope it comes out like yours, goodluck

18. These are the last two left. One looks like a strong Indica the other like a nice happy Sativa. What do you guys think? The "Sativa" is one with more buds on it, and its leaves are dry and spotted brown. Time to clip? Am I right about my bud types? Close?

Attached Files:

19. +rep for nice plants and great first time grow.:smoking:

20. what kind of lighting did you use for veg and flower? also..how long was veg and flower for?