I think I'm starting to get a cold, is there anything I can do to stop it?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Crunge, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I hate colds. I woke up with a sore throat, and now I've got a runny nose/nasal congestion.

Can I do anything to keep this cold from worsening?

2. 50mg of Zinc, and pop vitamin C like it's candy

You can't OD on vitamin C, but it can give you diarrhea...so stop when it gets to that point :p

3. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']50mg of Zinc, and pop vitamin C like it's candy

You can't OD on vitamin C, but it can give you diarrhea...so stop when it gets to that point :p[/quote]

How do you know this shit?

4. Most likely the internet, personal experience, or school :p

But yea I agree with his post...vitamin C all day

5. I don't use OTC meds. I prefer vitamins and herbs and whole foods.

But growing up my mom would give us zinc lozenges and lots of vitamin C when we began complaining about feeling ill. I don't think I've ever had a cold last more than 2 days.

I get really sick about once every 3 years.

6. Vape some sage if you can, heard it helps the throat. Make sure you dry it though.

7. In addition, viruses can only reproduce in a very narrow temperature range. A fever is a way your body fights viruses (although it does "go overboard" sometimes and the fever does more harm than good).

So turn on your electric blanket, grab yourself a cup of hot tea and drink it while taking a hot bath! Give yourself a "fever" in effect. After your bath, get in bed, have a few puffs, and sleep as long as you can!

8. :eek::eek:

:hello:

9. shot of josecuervo tequila and a shot of lime juice alternativly sippin on both small sips gotta make thhose shots last you about 20 minutes. and do this 2 a day, works wonders it wont let it progress any further

10. Good ole homemade bone broth. Works wonders

11. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']In addition, viruses can only reproduce in a very narrow temperature range. A fever is a way your body fights viruses (although it does "go overboard" sometimes and the fever does more harm than good).

So turn on your electric blanket, grab yourself a cup of hot tea and drink it while taking a hot bath! Give yourself a "fever" in effect. After your bath, get in bed, have a few puffs, and sleep as long as you can![/quote]

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

I should take a bath with an electric blanket?!

12. Hahahahaha you're obviously just kidding but in the rare case you're not, take the hot bath while drinking tea, then get high as f$&k and sleep with an electric blanket for as long as possible :smoke:

13. Well what I usually do, but it's not recommended at all. I'll take like twice the suggested dose of nyquil, drink apple cider vinegar (diluted with water) take a bunch of vitamin c and go to bed. Works most of the time.

14. Usually I get a head cold first, then it moves into my chest, but this is the first time I've smoked while sick, and it hasn't moved into my chest at all. I think by tomorrow I'll be healthy.

15. Well OP...was the cold avoided? :smoke:

16. how are you feeling now

17. Cayenne
    horse radish
    vitamin c
    zinc
    elderberry (sambucus)