i think im ready to start

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420yo, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ive been reading guides and doing lots of research on how to make this happen with good results and not getting caught. i have a closet that is aprox. 6x2x8 (lxwxh), i was wondering if that would be big enough to have 2 sections, 1 for germ/veg/mother and the other for flowering.

Also i havent found anything on how loud the whole thing is going to be, between lights, fans, and air cleaners. i am hoping to keep it fairly quiet.

any input is greatly appriciated

thanks

2. behind a closed door, noise shouldnt be too bad. Light pollution is something else.

Should be big enough, its just work putting it together.

:smoke:

3. thanks for the input, im starting to plan what its going to look like and searching for the best prices on lighting and everything.

i plan on having a seperate door to each section so no light will be able to escape from one part to another or out of the closet.

And about noise, will it be so loud that if i have someone that doesnt know im growing in my room will they be able to hear it. i usually have a fan on in my room + summers coming so i will have a window ac unit also

4. the loudest part of the whole thing will be the extraction fan. if you can put it in an attic then you should be fine. that what i did on my closet grow. look into zipper seals for doors and just separate the rooms with plastic panda film.

5. i was going to use some thin ply wood to seperate the rooms and have everything on the inside painted white, is using plastic a better idea?

i was going to put the extraction fan in the attic then hopefully vent it out through the roof through one of those ducts coming from the bathroom. if i vent it out there is a air cleaner necessary or will the smell coming straight out be noticable from the outside

6. #6 DankSeeker, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
    If you tap into the bathroom vent, you create a positive pressure situation and push air into the bathroom. Might not be what you want when you flower.
    Even venting directly into an attic can leak into the living space.
    Once you get the odor outside at roof level, you may be ok, but the ladies are can be real stinkers and can carry a long ways, so an ona bucket and maybe a charcoal scrubber might need to be planned for.

7. i agree with dank. if you're venting to the attic then a carbon filter in the room would be fine and just let it go in the attic. no need to vent it all the way out side especially if you have attic vents or gable vents on your house

8. iight thanks dudes, i guess a air scrubber of some sort is on the shopping list now. thanks dank for the info on the positive pressure through the bathroom, i never thought of that