I think I'm in love with my best friend. (Not emo)

Discussion in 'General' started by mellowdramatic, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Don't count me out right away. I'm lit through the roof and suffering from a mild concussion, as well as being on the rebound from the recent end of a long-term/long distance relationship, so I don't trust my judgment very well. We just smoked a bunch of dank and went to Taco Bell, and decided to rent Juno on the way back to my place since she had never seen it. It's now her favorite movie, and I realized how much I like it. But, I digress.

The truth is I think I've been in denial about it, you know? For those of you who have been lucky enough to feel this way about someone, it's that undeniable magnetism that a person has when you realize that you love them for who they are and just want to make her/him happy. Anyway, that's all. I'm not going to do anything about it, at least not yet. I always get the timing wrong on these things.

Time to smoke a bowl.

2. If you like this girl see if she likes you. Start flirting with her slowly and see what her reaction is...

BTW Juno was the worst movie i have ever seen...

3. hahahahhahahaha second that .... also yeah agree'd friendly flirting and see any if theres an reciprocation ... if so go nuts ;) peace

4. I dont know if flirting is the word I would use, flirting makes me think of annoying high school sluts... I guess its just a bad association I have tho.

I would say be overly friendly, but not so much that it couldn't be JUST friendly if she choses to take it that way, and see how she responds. If she does it back, go from there. But flirting just seems inscensere, like something you do with a friend with benefits or something. Then, I know this is not the case for everyone.

Honestly tho, my best advice to you is to pay no attention to my bad advice :p

5. Over friendly? If they have been friends for a long time she will think he is just being an over friendly friend. You gotta hint that you like her, and you want her but just by flirting... and i am not talking about high school pick up lines.

6. if she doesn't feel the same way, she might start viewing you in a different light after you make your feelings known. LIKE OMG! I just wanna be friends..

on the other hand, I've always believed its better to grow a pair and go after something than to not and never know. But like you said bro, just make sure the timing is right.

and don't worry about the whole emo thing, on a emo scale of 1 to 10, this thread only gets 3/10 razorblades

7. Bring something to the table that she doesn't have or is getting, and she will come to you. When you figure out that advice, you can thank me later.

8. Not what I meant. Like I said, I'm not good with this. Past friendly, but so she has the option to politely remain just friendly if she so desires.

Hope thats more clear:eek:

9. If she's seriously your best friend, I would honestly say not to.

I've been in the same situation before, and unless you believe you'll be together forever - it will just make things awkward between you two.

10. It's not all bad stories, if you decide to start something seriously agree that youll remain friends and hope they hold to their word. I've been friends with tons of my ex's and a few of them I was friends for 2-3 years with before I dated...

11. Yeah, maybe not the worst movie I've seen, but it's definitely up there on the "how the fuck did this get so popular" list.

12. You must not watch too many movies.

For the record, I really just hate it when people say, "....was the worst movie I've ever seen". Because I have seen some unbelievably horrible...HORRIBLE movies. And while Juno isn't the best movie ever, it was a lot better than a lot of the crap out there and should be far down the "worst movie ever" list.

As far as helping you out with relationship advice. Just be careful about dating a chick you have been good friends with. If the relationship ever goes sour, often times you can say goodbye to a what you once saw as a good friend.

My only concern is that you feel this way because it's a girl and you are close to her. I find that some guys are incapable of maintaining the friend status with a girl. This hasn't been the case with myself because I met my wife when I was 12 and wanted to date her right away. Dated since we were 12 and now I am 23 and we've been married for over two years now.

13. Kinky sex scores the best girls. :cool:

14. Well the problem is that I'm moving in a year, basically to pursue my lifelong dream of having a music career of some sort. Thanks for the advice though kids...I'm just going to play this one out and see what happens. She's a really unique chick and I'm not sure if this is just a phase where I realize that she's way more awesome than I thought she was, or what...we'll see.

15. She's a part time lover and a full time friend
    The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
    I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
    but you.

16. Snooze you loose, by the time you figure it out...somebody else will have made the move. What do you have to loose by explaining your feeling to her?

If she's that nice, there are most likely a few others looking to be with her, don't let them beat you to it, your up to bat...take a big swing & hit one out of the park.

17. that song gets stuck in my head for days on end whenever I hear it.

18. Yeah. When I read the title of the post I heard it.
    Hey get on aim man!