Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think I'm immune to edibles, HELP!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Psygonyx, Mar 22, 2010.

1. I've only tried edibles twice, and on both occasions I failed to launch. First time was a year ago when my boss gave me some kief candy. It was delicious, but it did not get me high (well I'm pretty sure it didn't; I had a bowl or three of some Sour D out of frustration when nothing happened after 2-3 hours).

Second attempt occurred last month when my cousin offered me half of his brownie. Shit was potent as fuck (could smell it from a mile away), yet absolutely nothing happened! Granted, I had just pigged-out on Chinese buffet while blazed out of my mind three hours beforehand, but so did my cousin and it hit him like a train in just an hour. He's a big guy too; 6'2", 250lbs (I'm 6'0", 215lbs).

What the hell am I doing wrong? Why can't I get high from edibles?

2. you can and will get high you just aint doing it right.

First problem, you cant try twice and believe your unable to get high bro. Takes more than twice to get things right sometimes.

If it was absolutely delicious, it probably was not as dankily proportioned as it should have been. I find that things are ultra potent when you can really, REALLY, tell there is herb in it.

Second problem. Half of a brownie isnt a whole brownie. Had you have had a whole one you may have had a different effect.

My advice: Try MAKING an edible that YOU proportion your herb to. A good, quick and easy suggestion is firecrackers. Take a look at my signature for info, recipes, and pictures.

3. Yo dude, i was in the same problem when I started eating hash...first 4 or 5 times i didnt feel it and eventually gave up, then one day i was rollin a j and found a tiny chunk of has and decided eh, what the hell and ate it....2 hours later i was stoned like a homo in iran o_0

4. I'd say you just keep trying it and make your own so you know how potent it is... some people have different standards for whats dank and like... really dank

5. I have seen that some people are just not effected by edibles. Think of it like any other medication...someone can take a hydrocodone and get off while someone else takes it and gets no relief at all. I think edibles can be the same way. Example: Someone had my Citrus Fairy which hit like a ton of bricks to everyone except on person. That same person tried some fudge that hit everyone else but not him. Again, a batch of cookies the same thing.

6. try drinkables :p

green dragon anyone? :D

7. Partially true. That person that doesn't get relief from a hydrocodone will if they take a higher dosage.

Same is true for edibles. If you up the dosage you will eventually find the one that will do it for ya.

Now it is true that some peoples digestive system cant get the THC from the plant matter effectively. So it is possible that if you are relying on a method of ingestion that is not optimally extracting the THC from the plant matter, then you may need an abnormally large dose to get effect. In my experience I find both peanut butter and citrus inferior in their extraction capabilities compared to say alcohol or butter/oil.

8. Correct answer!

If you add more dank, you WILL feel it. Its simple science. No one can "not get affected", its a matter of how well they are made, and how much your body requires.

9. yo how did you get high off a lump of hash?

Firstly thc is heat activated hence why you heat it up in something fatty like butter.

And second your body won't process it unless it's dissolved into fat.

Or wait do you mean you cooked with it? or ate the lump then and there?
    im not hating bro

10. Some hashes are activated THC that can be eaten as is.

And it wouldnt have to be dissolved into fat in this case, because the hash itself is a big blob of activated THC.

11. just eat some straight herb! i ate some partially smoked weed about 6 hours ago and im still feeling the effects :D

12. Yo I just don't understand how people always say they ate raw bud and felt the effects.
    It's fat soluble so eating raw thc won't get into your blood stream. Unless of course the weed was heated and you ate some lard or some shit before hand

13. exactly, partially smoked bud

14. for you saying butter is better than peanut butter for extraction....

my question is should i switch from peanut butter on the crackers to straight up butter?

this is for firecrackers btw.

15. the peanut butter is more to disguise the taste of the weed
    but the thing about using straight butter is it would melt in the oven and ruin the fire cracker

16. Oh yeah, it was lebanese hashish which means it was pressed and heated so that activates it.
    secondly, i would suck it like a lozenge while drinking sweet/creamy coffe...i love that shit lol

17. lol ok i get ya, i never even knew that shit existid till now!:hello:
    you learn 1000 facts aday :smoke: average haha