I think I'm gonna quit...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ImmortalGropher, Feb 6, 2010.

1. playing guitar. I don't have the money for lessons and wish I had started them as a kid rather than trying to play seriously for 2 years and feeling like I've gained nothing...I can't find anyone willing to teach me either and I've tried video courses and stuff, but it's just no fun without anyone to play with and learn from.

The guitarists I know are all busy with their bands and work and don't have time to teach me anything. I feel like I should sell my gear off and get the money back from it. It's just no fun playing by yourself.

I'm sorta venting here. I'm not that great, I mainly play black/death metal but can't sweep pick and have trouble with solos (even ones i compose) lol. My theory knowledge isn't that grand anymore either. I should just be focusing on engineering rather than trying to keep up with something that takes a ton of time and repetition. Do I have the time? Yeah, do I have the patience? Nah.

=/

2. Dude, fuck getting taught an instrument.
    If you like to play guitar, then play guitar,
    learn it your way for yourself.

3. If you love something enough,
    You will always have enough will to keep trying.

But it sounds like music isn't your thing anyway...quit and move on. Art isn't for everyone.
    (ok, this post might sound very dickish...)

4. I personally quit playing guitar. I can play some tunes, and can figure a lot out by randomly strumming:p

I replaced guitar with Mountain/and BMX biking.

5. I'm an audio engineer...How is music not my thing? lol. I need to be spending more time with my ears than attempting to do something I've been trying to do for a while with not a lot of progress.