I think I'm going to jail

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Marooned, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Okay so I got busted for possession about 6 months ago. My sentence was 6months probation, write a letter to my parents, and maintain a 2.5 GPA. Well I've done fine with everything, except the 2.5 GPA. I finished my first semester of college with a 2.35 GPA. My questions to you all are..

Will my PO be able to check my grades?

Will the judge be able to check my grades?

Is it possible to get away with lieing about my GPA?

If my probation is up the day after my court date, will telling the truth to the judge mean going to jail for a day or two?

I'm really in the dark here about what could happen here and would appreciate any knowledge you all can bring to this issue.

2. bro honestly? if ur under pressure to get a 2.5 dont you think u should have tried a little bit?
    im pretty sure like 2.35 is straight C's and D's.

3. 2.35 is 2 b- and 2 c's

me trying harder is irrelevant at this point, however in hindsight yes that would have been a good idea.

I'm looking for answers please, not judgement.

4. dude you got a c average, if they wanna throw you in jail for that thats pretty fucked

dont lie about it, just tell them thats what it is

ive never heard of anybody going to jail cuz of their grades let alone decent grades

5. That's pretty sad you were not able to get a 2.5. Nonetheless, I doubt they will send you to jail for that, although you may get your probation extended. I've never heard of anybody going to jail for getting bad grades, but if so, I guess it really is illegal to be stupid, ha ha ha. Not that you're stupid, but you know what I mean.

6. As much as you probably don't want to hear this........

It's been my experience that honesty is the best policy.

How would you lie about your GPA anyway? If it's part of your probation, then the court would have to have access to your transcripts.

7. Something about your post just pisses me off.

8. Your probation might be extended, or you might have to face some other penalty, but I doubt that you'll have to go to jail, just beacuse you weren't able to maintain a higher grade.

If you just explain to them that you had trouble (because you had trouble, right? :rolleyes: ) with the work, that they'll be fairly sympathetic.

Good luck, and make sure to let us know how it goes man.

9. people come here to chill out and ask for advice not get based for why there GPA isnt as good as you all that hate see fit. I think you should be good if your honest and explain a lot has happened and that a 2.3 was a lot of work and shouldnt hinder if you go to jail or not

10. hmmm seems like just being honest is the way to go, I live in a pretty upscale city so its not like the judges are mean or anything. Just hope my parents don't freak out lol.

11. Man what I would do is just ask your teachers for a boost. Explain that you felt just short of an average you need to maintain, and see what they can do. A lot of profs will understand and give you a little bit of extra credit or let you make up some assignment so you can get at least a few marks for it..

12. Yes the PO can check your grades.
    Yes, the judge can check your grades.
    No, it would be stupid to try and lie about it.

Your probation may be extended, or if they are real hard asses, revoked.

Nice bed, now it's time to lay in it. :)

13. your not going to jail for posession dude... especially considering how jammed up the jails already are.. ur PO will most likely be cool and not even violate your case on such a small part of it. If they do then the judge will at worst just extend your probation.. Jail would be cruel and unusual punishment

14. #14 TearDownGod, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    I missed 30 days of school never passed a drugtest and failed all of my classes, in Oklahoma (I bring this up alot because we're a massive red state so I assume our drug policy is strict, tell me if I'm wrong) and they let me off without bringing any of it up. They're mostly talk pretty much all of the time. You are NOT going to jail and i'm about 100% sure your getting off probation on your next court date if you pass your drugtest if you have one.

Edit- Your in college. College is voluntary, you could stop going completely, I mean, what are they gonna do, force you to pay tuition? They're full of shit.

15. You'll be fine. No jail time. It'll probably end up being an extension since you broke the P.O.'s orders.

2.5 though? Man that shit's easy.

16. I think you will be fine. just be honest and forthcoming. keep your attitude in checl (if you have one) and be as genuinely a gentleman as you can be.. show the judge much respect. Judges know the weed laws are ridiculous. (at least some do). They wont through the maximum at you unless you give them reason too. Respect and say what you think they want to hear. you should do fine.

17. It's hard to imagine they'd revoke your parole over such a minuscule difference in GPA. Not so hard to imagine if you are found out lying about it.

Did you make any extra effort such as seeking tutoring or meeting with your instructors during the semester that would indicate that you were in fact taking school seriously?

18. Alright so I have decided I'm gonna just tell them that i got a 2.35. Should I tell my PO before I go to court and see the judge or just wait until I see the judge?

19. I AGREE jesus christ i would be pretty happy having a 2.5 gpa mabey its alot easyer to get great grades if you HAVE NO LIFE

20. I have no idea if your going to jail or not

but I just wanted to say this....

A students GPA doesn't necessarily reflect on the students intelligence level... but rather the students level of laziness..

Sorry to hear about your problem dude.... best of luck to you... and I know you're not stupid... you're just lazy...

Just like me :cool:.