Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think I'm going to die

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iSyn, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hey GC.

So, I only had a bit of shake left, with no screen on my piece.

I looked around for something to serve as a makeshift screen. I spotted a carton of BB's.

After smoking I noticed the BB completely melted. I inhaled lead BB fumes.

I'm dead.

2. Thanks for the reassurance. PA? 215 :D

3. What the hell are you taking about!

4. 1. I plugged the BB into the hole the shit didn't fly right through.
    2. I smoked.
    3. I noticed the BB was melted.
    4. I panicked.

5. That sucks lol. I know the panic from doing dumb shit

6. I've smoked out of a few aluminum cans and sockets and I'm still here.

7. I think that the toxicity of aluminum and lead are just a LITTLE bit different...

8. smoking lead 4 life

9. Get into the habit of Stop, Think, Think again, then Act. This rule will keep you from a lot of regrets.

10. You need to see a doctor and have a blood test.

Inhaling aluminum is bad enough, but lead??

Am I the only one old enough to remember how bad and how serious this is??????

The sooner you find just how much you have floating in your system, and the sooner you receive chelation therapy (the process of removing metals from the body, via chelating agents), the better off you are... the longer you sit around doing nothing, the greater your odds are for serious consequences.

I can't think of a good excuse you can use, to explain to your doctor, or to your parents, why you're concerned that you may have inhaled a large amount of lead, but come up with SOMETHING, or man up and tell the truth, and get yourself some medical attention as soon as possible. :(

11. Yeah a small rock works a lot better for that but i'm sure you are fine.

12. It wasn't a large amount. If I notice shit getting weird then I'll get it checked out.

13. BadKittySmiles is right. It only takes 250 micrograms of lead per litre of blood for the lead to be toxic. That's only 0.00025g/L, which you could easily have gotten from inhaling the lead fumes of a pellet. Not trying to alarm you and make you panic more, but you really should see a doctor.

14. #15 BadKittySmiles, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    You do understand why people have their houses, pipes and paint checked for lead, right? That even after years, and years, and even when it's cold, it's still incredibly toxic? That the consequences are not immediate and compound over time, even in potentially fatal doses?

It was a stupid mistake, but you need to take responsibility, and get a blood test immediately.

Edit - oral toxicity is much lower and less severe than inhalation... and even that is serious business. People bring their children to the ER for toxicity checks and chelation therapy after they've just sucked on BB's, or played with them, put them down, then touched their eyes and mouths.

People who ignore it and don't seek treatment for exposure, and older folks who didn't know any better back in the day, tend to regret it later in life when the lead collects in their joints, brains, and other vital organs.

You simply do not know how much, or how little you inhaled... you may be fine, but you may not.

Over the next few days, or weeks, you may begin to experience nausea, dizziness, irritability, or even seizures and coma. It all depends on how much you took in. So you *may* want to look into it, just in case, before you begin dealing with any of these short-term consequences.. it doesn't get much better in the long-run if you don't.

Say you were messing around with them, and ate a meal with your fingers after the fact if you have to, and just get the blood work done to ease your mind, at the very least.

I'm not trying to nag, and you may very well be fine... but do you really want to just trust that inhaling a bunch of melting lead isn't going to harm you, until it's too late?

15. were all gonna die someday bro....seriously gas used to contain lead until 25 years ago there is lead all over, its just another thing to make people freak about a minimal danger...ohh fyi about half the diesel sold today has lead in it...eat a cpl ounces and then freak one bb aint shit...according to WHO a lethal dose ingested is the size of a large fishing weight.

16. That's pretty stupid. Unless you want nerve damage, kidney failure, infertility, brain damage, bone damage, and oh so much more... go see a doctor.

17. Subbed. Keep us updated op.

18. Chill everyone, Lead is a very benign metal to inhale. I think there's lead in cigarettes, albeit a miniscule amount.

19. Appointment made. Good thing my doctor is my neighbor and he just so happened to be playing Xbox.