Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think I'm going through withdrawal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dancing Nancy, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Okay I've been smoking daily at least twice a day for almost 2 years. My guys supplier stopped selling so I'm out of weed. The last 2 nights I've gotten hardly any sleep, my appetite is gone, I get cold sweats, my body aches and tingles. I know its not in my head because I always thought weed wasn't addictive so I wasn't even thinking withdrawal until today. This sucks. Very bad.

I should be able to find some more within the next few days but until then, this is hell.

2. Withdrawl from weed?

It sounds like you have the "i cant sleepies" :rolleyes:

I hope, for your sake, you never face withdrawl from some serious substance...

3. its all in your head..

4. Yeah man don't get addicted to any "hard" drugs, you will not be able to survive if you can't be without weed for a few days. In all honesty it sounds like you could use this time off, and i would suggest taking a month off to get mostly clean before you start again.

Basically if you think you can't get through a normal day without marijuana, it is time for a break.

5. was it laced with heroin? shit lol nah but i havent smoked the last 2 days and ive been getting VERY real nightmares. example. A T-Rex was chasing me and trying to eat me nd ive never been more scared of a dream

6. Yup. that's mild weed withdrawals.

the thing about weed withdrawals...... it's not that bad........ kinda on edge/anxiety.... no sleep or appetite blah blah. nothing a few beers can't fix really. but then don't become an alcoholic. You appear to have the "addictive" personality. some people could blaze 50 times a day for 30 years and stop without a single problem. lucky assholes.

Lord don't ever let me run out of ganja! <say that everyday haha

and to shadowman...... weed impairs your ability to recall dreams...... so when you go without smoking, dream vividness increases dramatically.

:cool::smoke:

7. [quote name='"Shadowmanexists"']was it laced with heroin? shit lol nah but i havent smoked the last 2 days and ive been getting VERY real nightmares. example. A T-Rex was chasing me and trying to eat me nd ive never been more scared of a dream[/quote]

i get nightmares after i quit...they go away after like 2-3 days tho.

8. these dude's havent expierenced what you are talking about so dont listen to them you. i have had what you are talking about happen to me.and i wouldnt say it's as bad as withdrawling from nicotine,herion,alchol,cocaine.......but none the less there is a withdrawl feeling when you go with out getting high..... the best thing i can sugest is to eat as much as you can when you can and take something that will make you drowsy and sleep until you can get weed. i once went 2 week's witho out any weed, just fiending and started taking vicodin becaus e i couldnt get weeed. i ended up loosing like 15 or 20 pound's so people might say that weed is not addictive and there is not any withdrawl,either have a brain thats wired differently.or dont know what they are talking about

9. withdrawl from alcohol or herion and certain other substances can actually kill you..

Withdrawl from weed makes it hard to eat or sleep...

Theres no comparison dude.

10. to whoever said weed isnt even the bit addictive your wrong. one can develop an extremely high tolerance and then discontinued THC intake can result in Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome: Clinical diagnosis of an underrecognised manifestation of chronic cannabis abuse

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=2877

OP, i highly doubt you have this, the symptoms your feeling will diminish within a few days just a few people said.

11. Cannabinoid hypermese syndrome is comparable to dope sickness (heroin withdrawl) which although it cannot kill you directly, it is a brutal fuckin week.

alcohol withdrawl and benzo withdrawl can kill you, but thats a whole nother discussion and a topic we cant go into.

12. no youre not

13. The keyword is week...

Heroid withdrawl lasts longer than that. My ex pretty much suffered for three weeks with withdrawl... It was terrible to watch dude.

And youre right, we shouldnt be talking of other drugs.

Its apples and oranges op, im sure youll be over it soon :rolleyes:

14. I get those all when i stop, cold sweats, no sleep and little appetite and me muscles get a bit stiff mostly in the neck.

Slight withdrawal but it's really bareable unlike hard drugs, its allot more bearable than coffee.

15. #16 roostaphant, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

I highly doubt that it's even close to heroin withdrawal.

16. I used to get withdrawls like that, and now I don't seem to. I haven't smoked less either.

17. I think sweating could be the only physical part about it if you actually sweat the thc out when you stop.
    I seem to notice you get cravings like with cigarettes if you smoke at 1pm but dont smoke before, soon as 1pm hits it's I should be stoned time.
    Like if you don't smoke at all before sleep soon as it's time for you to sleep you crave it.
    Anything else is in you're mind such as it's boring, lifes shit without weed, I'm going to die if I don't have a hit of my beloved blueberry.
    When you're taking a break or don't have none, just think I will get weed another day, I will be 10x stoned and laughing about how I was scared about mary jane going on holiday for a while.

18. [quote name='"roostaphant"']

I highly doubt that it's even close to heroin withdrawal.[/quote]

Well your doubts dont match up to studies. Read the articles. It is very very similair to the physical withdrawl of opiates

19. your body chemicals are out of wack. stop smoking for a few days, and go work out or something.