I think i'm going crazy sometimes...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Stoogemeister, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Sometimes I think i'm spending too much time alone.

I feel a constant longing for something, almost like a nagging in the back of my mind. I sometimes think i just need company, human interaction. Someone to vent to and talk to, enjoy times with etc.

Whenever i'm with someone, friend, foe, or family, i just want to escape. Nothing is wrong really, but after a few moments of company things can be going just dandy, but i will often look towards and ceiling or sky, and think about just flying away from here, from these people.
    I feel a gap between us, i feel different. Not in a particularly special, or unique way. Just different.
    Nobody seems to share my ideas or motives or beliefs. They are plainly nothing, dust in the wind, insignificant views of another being it seems.

Its enough to drive a man crazy really. I will often substitute this "longing" with activities such as reading books, running, surfing the web, lifting, smoking pot, watching a movie. Anything to hold my attention away from the obvious, away from the emotions running rampant throughout myself

I dont know what to do
    Im sick of money
    sick of people
    sick of violence and crime
    sick of metal boxed with wheels, screaming down the cracked asphalt
    sick of the boxes with moving pictures on them

I need to get out of here, i need trees, mountains, rivers, plains, rocks and wind and rain and sun.

I feel very small, the goings of this world are more than enough to squash a mans ego.

2. I know an old feller that lives out in the middle of the woods by himself. He has a little shack/cabin up on the side of a mountain sorta.

He grows his own food for the most part, and only comes down from his little house once or twice a month, if at all.

He is the happiest, funniest, craziest man i have ever met. True story.

3. i know what you mean...and have done it been alone for the most part and did it for several months...it was nice but at times like you said it was nice to have a bit of company...but not for to long...

i am glad it over tho and i know for a fact im diferant... always have been

4. I find myself thinking the same things every once in a while.. especially the longing for something..

getting away from it all sounds so great, but I know it wont happen..

I would give you advice but if i had any I had any I wouldnt be in a similar boat as you

5. Weird.....

I feel close to the same as you do.

I feel like I just don't relate to anyone anymore. I feel like I have nothing in common with anyone anymore actually. I have been quite a loner lately, when I get too lonely, I want company, but once I am around people again, I just want to be by myself.

I realized how overrated everything is in life.

I don't know what is in store for me in the future, but quite honestly I don't care anymore.
    I'm just looking forward to the day where a giant meteor hits this earth and makes people realize just how fucking unimportant they truly are.

6. My two sense eyy...

Move, you sound like you are living the business job, apartment life. Move to somewhere free and where you always need to be. Do what makes you happy, find who you can find.

You sound busy and as if it helps your feelings. I have had anxiety in my life and I can't say that cannabis has cured it but it has assisted it. Main thing I realized......Self happyness can't be beat.

7. I think you should get a dog. They are the best company you can have.

8. I have been thinking a lot of getting a dog lately, but my mom just wouldn't approve. And by the time it would take for me to have my own apartment, I would probably be too busy to take care of a dog. =[ it really sucks.

9. yo stoog you need to get out more man like go campin bring some bud n relax i love campin relaxes everything in me i forget about life n just doze off being a quite wilderness enjoyin my time. bring some buddies n ull have a blast arrange something man.

10. maybe ur just restless, and u just need something to do at all times. idk.

11. I feel the exact same way you feel right now. Things will get better as life goes on. I have faith in that belief, and I know I will start to enjoy the small things again, like hanging out with friends.

12. I felt like you before.

Until I came upon a quote that change my ways forever.

....I happened to be on lsd that day 'longing' for inspiration.

"A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty… The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. … We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive."

(Albert Einstein, 1954)

13. That quote reminds me of Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. "Thou art God" and all that. It's really true, it all makes sense. We're all the same.