I think I'm done with marijuana guys...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoveTheGreen, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Well, I think the time has come for me to be done with this beautiful plant. I started smoking last October, so it's only been a year, but in that year, I've gone from responsible use to getting high 3-4 times a day, skipping classes and work, bailing on nonweed friends to get high alone, fucking up my sleep cycle so I can smoke once all of my roommates have gone to bed, etc. Basically, due to my personality, I've let it get a hold on me.

Things have kind of been set into place nicely for my plan to quit too: I finished my stash right before I left to go home for Thanksgiving, so there's nothing to tempt me back at college. On top of that, I'm at home for the first four weed-free days (2 1/2 already passed) where my parents will pamper me and give me whatever I want. This is important because I am mentally addicted to the stuff and when I've gone 3-4 days without before, I get grouchy and moody and only certain foods sound good (of course, my parents will get me whatever food I want :hello: ).

I know what you're thinking: weed isn't addictive, just cut back, etc. I'm not that guy. If I have weed, I'll smoke it... all of the time. I can't just smoke on weekend nights and save my stash, must be an addictive personality or something... I don't blame the plant, it's not physically addictive of course, and I only like it so much because it really is an amazing thing, but it's hurting my life right now. Luckily I am a good enough people manipulator that I have been able to convince my teachers/employers of illnesses/other things these past few months when I've skipped (which just makes me feel horrible... another reason to quit), so I think I've avoided the worst. If I can focus these last few weeks, I can still walk away with at least a B average this semester and both of my jobs. And after that, it's just one more semester until graduation and the real world. So that is why the time is now...

I'm sure I'll still smoke if a buddy is offering around the pipe at a party (hardly ever) and I'll never judge anyone else who does smoke, but I'm not buying it anymore. Too expensive and too tempting. Wish me luck blades, I'll still check this place out once in awhile, because I am still fascinated with weed/other drugs and for this thread (where you will hopefully support me!). Wish me luck and enjoy those tokes. :smoking:

2. Hope it's a change for the better, doesn't mean you can't stop being a part of the community though.

3. i know what your saying, about the addictive part, but i live with my mom still and we both smoke so i dont have to trip and i was home-schooled so i was set. but good luck man

4. Thanks guys, I'm off to bed now. Falling asleep without weed is pretty damn hard when you've smoked every night for a year, but last night wasn't so bad, so hopefully I can get a good night's rest... :wave:

5. I almost had this happen to me last year. All my relationships were fucked up, I skipped classes, stop going outside for days just to toke up, and started gaining weight. I just decided to take control of the situation by exercising , getting back into extreme sports ( no reason to when you live in Colorado), start giving a fuck about school again, re-new my relationships with old friends and new, and overall just take my life in control again. Once you can do that, your set; but the choice is yours.

6. You gotta do what you gotta do man

7. #7 zephyranthes420, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    At least your quitting for a good reason
    I have a friend who used to get stoned with me all the time
    but he quit because one night we got really high and he started freaking out and saying he thought he was gonna die (which got me worried cause hes got this huge ass dent in his chest and i thought it might have something to do with that). but me and some more friends took him into the living room and laid him down on the couch and i finally asked him what was wrong and he looks at me (completely serious i might add) and said,"dude, i think i'm satan" so i just told him to go to sleep and left the room. he never smoked with us again because of that lol....

But yeah im like you, ive only been smoking for almost a year and its already fucked some things up. This girl that's basically my sister's parents hate me cause word gets around fast you know. i had alot of reasoning to do with people, but most of them dont care i smoke weed now.

8. Yeah, this one time it was my brother, my friend, and me smoking and then she kept on freaking out and said that I was trying to kill her when I was going nothing of the sort. I wasn't even talking to her but she kept screaming when I went near her and crap but the next morning she didn't even remember any of it.

9. #9 Jaded, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    sorry to hear... but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

same thing happened to me when i first started to smoke regularly.. though i think i had only been smoking for maybe three months? (no job = hard to get cash to buy the stuff) but well, obviously i started again. screwed some things up in my life (pretty much same reason as you), so i turned my back on her for a while.

buuut, then i started to smke regularly again, and it's going good. actually made things A LOT better. probably one of the best years of my life...
    though when i have to go without it, it's pretty rough... haha. in fact, when i haven't been smoking, i actpretty much have zero appetite... and cannot sleep (hence me being on gc at 5am.. for the second night in a row, which means zero sleep..). but i like to think of those as reasons why i should NOT quit. haha

10. haha thats messed up, another time i smoked weed with a bunch of my friends and one other their little bros and his bro was only like it seems like 3 ft. something and i kept picking him up and holding him over the pool saying "ITS TIME TO GO TO THE PIT" in death metal gutterals lol
    good times

11. :D that reminds me of my brother cause almost every time he is stoned he talks about death. like he said to me, "death. death will come to us all but it will come to you first." "death. death is your sentence. (evil laugh)" he says these types of things but it doesn't creep me out but rather i find them really funny. :)

12. haha, oh the joys of marijuana

13. oh yes, definitely.

14. LTG, that's very mature of you to step back and analyze your life without bias. I was in the same predicament as you about a year ago, weed dominated everything else in my life and I was skipping school to get high, smoking weed before and during work, i just always had to be high. Instead of quitting, I changed a few habits and I quickly became in control again. I never wake n baked unless it was a weekend, I never got high before school or during school, I never got high before or during work. I managed to reduce my habit to only smoking at night, after work, or in the afternoon after school, given I didn't have work. This personally worked well with me, because I got to look forward to getting high during the day, and finally at night when it was time to blaze, the anticipation was almost orgasmic. To each their own though, good luck LTG!

15. that's cool that you're quitting. i think everyone who has been smoking consistently for a while should quit for at least a week just to reexamine everything.

in fact i think i will do that as soon as the last of my bud is gone.

16. hey man, good luck to you. only been here a few days, and i really don't know you, but i wish you the best, on the real.
    just remember what the herb is, man. it's medicine for the mind, ya dig? it's a consiouceness. some of the best decisions in my life have been made right after toking. so good luck bro, and remember to hit the herb as medicine, not as life.

17. I like that quote... "Hit the herb as medicine, not as life."

+rep you bro

18. dats that shit right there + rep

19. Try ten!

• Like Like x 1
  20. man i feel im headed in the same direcrion but ive just decided to try even harder at everything i do. I never cared bought skool but now im always makin sure i go to class (if not doin a bit of the homework :smoking:) lol but i feel my life startin to finally work :D