I think i'm addicted to Vicodin: My Story

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by psyco panda, Oct 10, 2009.

1. I have always been open to trying new drugs. So far, i have done mj, coke, acid, mushrooms, 2c-b, mdma, thizz, and various forms of codeine

every drug has its pros and cons, but besides bud, vicodin has always been my favorite.

what started as a couple here and there, maybe once a month or so soon erupted into weekly, and then daily. I could barely make it thru a school day without at least 2 dosings

i recognized my problem a week ago, when trying to be off the stuff for a week, had major migranes and nausea daily.

then after convincing myself one wouldnt hurt, i am back to daily use

my question blades is-

What is your advice on how to get off the stuff?

2. You've literally only just BEGUN to fall down the rabbit hole...

migranes? some nausea? damn i wish that's the only withdrawal I got....

just lay off the vics now before you get sick, trust me.

3. Will power. give yourself some reasons to quit

4. i probably described my withdrawls lightly, my migranes
    i mean POUNDING cold sweat headaches.

and by Nausea i mean puking and feeling like shit for days

5. take a week of school, smoke sume bud to help with the nausia and migranes

6. Find inspiration, and no I don't mean find Jesus. Just, read some stories about Vicadin addiction, and try to lower your dosages slowly. If you try to just stop, it's not going to work, you got to ease dosages, little by little - until you think you are ready to quit.

I highly recommend that if you quit for good, to not do it again, but if you decide you'll do it again, just remember about how hard you worked to get off it the first time, if it becomes recreational, and not addictive anymore, good job.

7. wow...

go on an oc binge for a few weeks then tell me thats bad

dude just stop taking them

so what you puke for a few days

that is NOTHING compared to heroin or high dose oc withdrawls

8. Yeah dude, sistermol has a point. It'll be hard as hell to quit, but it will be worth it in the long run.

9. you have to want to stop doing it. its all about willpower.

good luck :)

10. Cut your daily dosage in half for a week. Then in half again for week 2. Then stop.

11. Cant you go to your doctor and say you quit vics and are wding pretty hard, I'm pretty sure they can give you something for the wds

12. Have will power and stop taking vikes. Smoke some weed if you have headaches and some nausea. Not that bad withdrawals. Try going on a 3 day Heroin binge, now that sucks balls.

13. I agree that the WDs he's experiencing probably aren't much compared to going cold turkey after IV heroin/regular, high-dose OC usage... but the last thing anyone who's trying to quit needs is for people to shit on them and tell them their problem isn't much of a problem.

In comparison, they may not be much... but daily use of any opiate for weeks is going to make you feel pretty nasty once your supply is cut off.

14. i like how everyone just pretty much said man up its not that bad... i hope when you all cry out to others for help they just laugh at you too........

15. Quit while you're ahead man. If you have any left, just take them lightly and ween off. Then never touch the shit again!

16. Ya ween off them, use dank to help with the WDS. You can do it man!

17. Whenever I take Vicodin I always have a limited supply and no way to get more as I feel myself starting to get addicted. That way I have nothing when I start craving...just focus your mind on something else like reading.

18. perhaps i didnt describe my predicament as detailed and descriptive as you wanted, but u are pretty sick fucking people to want to hear about horrible withdrawls

19. I am sorry people are belittling you over this. I went through my opiate withdraws in jail so I had no option. The cool concrete of my cell floor did make me feel a little better though...

My best advice is ween first, week or two, then take a week off of everything and fucking lock down in your home. If you have someone for moral support/to smoke some buds with you by all means get them over there.

I wish you the best and I feel your pain. As noted before, the most important resource to quitting any drug is the WILL to quit. You have to totally want it, not just kinda want it.

20. You haven't felt the true effects of dope sick. To qoute Layne Staley: "It's the worst pain ever. Dope sick hurts the entire body."