i think i think too much . . .

Discussion in 'General' started by infiniteawesome, Jan 23, 2006.

1. I suddenly realized the other night how like half of my conversations are about philosophy, religion, psychadelic shamanism, ethnobotany, entheobotany, botany, mycology, cannabis, drugs, the apocalypse, sociology, history, poetry, novels, essays and essayists, etc. and I realized that while this is a huge variety it's all way super serious conversations and I think I take life too seriously . . . i mean I joke n'shit alot, but it's always in the context of something much more important to the mind and the soul but not to the social being. This I find to be problematic . . . suggestions?

2. To a certain degree, discussions and conversations like that are healthy, they stimulate your mind and provide you with interesting perspectives.

but i also think it's important to be well rounded in terms of matters relating to the mind and social being.

3. I don't see a problem with that, you can still have fun right? once you can't have fun anymore your taking life to seriously.

4. hell would you rather be talking about that, or whoever <insert random celebrity here> is dating. everytime i hear people talking about celebrities lives I think wow don't you have youre own life to worry about, morons. you sir are thinking about your own life and existence which is what you should be doing imo

5. I think you think just fine.

You're not taking life too seriously. Some people just have inquisitive minds. Those are usually the people that end up having enormous impacts on society.

I know what you mean though. Sometimes we think so much that we become so self objective that we find fault in nearly everything we do. In that sense you may be taking things too seriously.

Find things to occupy your inquisitive mind. I see you enjoy reading. there are more interesting books out there, than any single person can read in a lifetime. Balance your mental activity w/ some physical activity and you got a pretty good life imho.

6. That's what it's like when me and my brother get high.

our conversations range from public transportation to quantum physics.

7. I think discussing those kinds of subjects with other people can often be very enriching, and it's good to have an active mind, but the hidden danger of over-intellectualizing things that few people realize is that eventually it can lead you into living in a completely abstract mindset.

We can categorize and attach symbols and meaning to what we experience, but it's important not to lose sight of the fact that in reality, the world exists without any religious or philosophical labels. I myself am very critical of modern universities that churn out students of the humanities that have barely any first-hand knowlege of society's functioning.

8. Yeah I know what you mean I love talking about stuff like that. It's interesting to get others people's views on life.

9. i think, you think -- you think too much.

10. WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!... er... huh?....

i think you need to watch more cartoons man, that will dumb your thoughts down a little :)

11. ah i miss animation, i used to be studying to be an animator about three years ago, but i quit to try a different major, and have been studying that instead ever since. i like my new major though, so it's okay. But yeh, ever since then I can't enjoy cartoons as much anymore cuz after animating awhile, you start to see things in frame by frame, and being a stoner only intensifies that now, so it's hard for me to watch cartoons without being super analytical of how it moves, is acted and drawn and shit, so I usually don't watch it as much.

However, I am looking forward to certain video games, like Kingdom Hearts 2 (can I get a woop on that eh?-fantastic storyline) as well as the Metal Gear Solid series etc. I'm not a gamer anymore, but certain habits die hard and the classics I still keep up on for sequals: mainly final fantasy (though i don't play it anymore, i just keep up with the news on it), kingdom hearts (YES, favorite video game storyline so far), and metal gear solid (yeh, i like da' snake). But that's about it, I buy those sequals when those come out (which is just two games like, every two to four years or so) so I don't have alot to numb my mind with, which is just fine come to think of it. But even though I hate television sometimes because it propagates a numbing of the brain when compared to literature and philosophy of nearly any sort. Nonetheless it's good once every couple of months for me to veg and watch our crappy reception of public television because my roomies don't really watch tv either (they watch more movies than I do though which probably helps).

That and I can't say i'm really into alot of different kinds of music. I'm mostly into American pop; but i'm getting off the subject . . . . . .

Anyways, thanks, great replies guys, all of ya.

12. dude, you must sure talk a lot if only half of your conversations are about philosophy, religion, psychadelic shamanism, ethnobotany, entheobotany, botany, mycology, cannabis, drugs, the apocalypse, sociology, history, poetry, novels, essays and essayists etc.