Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think i need to trick a chemo patient.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by lunarpig, Nov 5, 2010.

1. I am no a mean or malicious person. My ex girlfriends mother is currently battling cancer. Unfortunetly I had to witness the same thing she did with my mother in 2006. Same dam thing is happening. Chemo is helping kill the cancer and her. I dont know what to do. She wont accept any cannabis of any form and she's waisting away. I know it can help her what do i do. I cant let another person die like this please some input. I didnt force or trick my mother into doing it because of the same reason my ex is not (Its their decision and we cant force them) but the end result with my mom was death. I can let my ex and her family go through this.. This can be helped.

2. Respect her choice. Tricking anyone is wrong.

clinton

3. Slip her a roofie and then when she's passed out put the joint in her mouth.

Maybe make her aware of marinol. I've fought cancer, and was actually impressed with it's effects for what it is. Funny thing is that, if shes in the cnodition you say she is, she is no doubt on much worse medications (maybe a point to mention). As said above, don't trick her. When you talk to her, be sure to remember that you're trying to inform her, not persuade her.

4. I dont want to come out cruel but last time i played by those rules it reulted in painful and untimely death of some i loved.. I get death is natrual. I get its a part of life. There is nothing natrual about dien at cancer in your 50's . Even if its a better quality of life. Dont you think maybe sometimes you gota give someone a little push?

5. #5 xsouthparkx, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
    Find all the studies that you can that are in favor of marijuana as a medical treatment of cancer. Then find some negative studies on the medication that she is currently using. Then write a summary of what you have found and give a presentation to her notifying her that it is in her best interest to smoke/consume/vaporize marijuana.:hello:

After she undoubtedly agrees with your sensible logic, smoke her up. :smoke:

6. exactly, +rep

7. #7 Storm Crow, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
    I agree with Clinton. Giving an unsuspecting person cannabis can cause a panic attack, or make them feel like they are ill. Not a good idea! A bad reaction could turn her off of the idea of using cannabis, forever!

But, I also think that you might convince her by clicking the first link in my sig and scrolling down to "Cancer" and just letting her read it. (another copy of the list can be found at greenpassion.org, if you think GC is too radical for her) The section on "Chemotherapy" is also impressively large. Let her learn the medical facts!

Granny :wave:

8. Absolutely no tricking. I know all to well how it hurts.
    My youngest brother is a stage 4. I actually made him a 60 day supply of oil and left an OZ of some nice bud. He used three syringes but has not touched the 4th. He benefitted from the anti-nausea effects of smoking. This allowed him to be able to eat and then take his morphine.
    He felt the benefits but did not see a certifiable reduction in his cancer. He is still taking chemo, but has stopped the oil. I had explained to him that the oil likely would not reduce the cancer while under chemo but would help offset the destruction. Still, without an explaination, he wont use the rest and likely will turn down an offer of a free years supply of oil.
    I hope to convince him otherwise this weekend, but it is not looking good.

Continue to gentle educate and try to convince her.
    Granny's list is great and there are many short and long videos available.
    Good Luck and stay strong. :wave:

9. lunarpig, I realize you are in pain but you need to understand that some people still have convictions/beliefs so strong that facing death will not cause them to go against them.

10. I do not meant to sound like I do not care - I care very much. As painful as it is, I hope you can see that respecting choice is respecting the person.

We are all heading toward death at different rates - to me it is the quality of the life that matters. Deciding quality is a personal decision.

clinton

11. You could make tinctures, put it in her drinks. Make her cookies or whatever, give it as a present.

No guilt for helping someone blinded by reefer madness out.

What's the value of a choice if it's made with clearly false data?

If she lives and finds out, she can be pissed at you all she wants.

If she dies, well...I guess there's no work and taxes in death so there's always an upside for her. You? Maybe you'll be stuck with that big "what if" we all have. Maybe not.

12. And I do understand what it's like not to want to "trick" someone with it.

My Mom has Cancer and she's not even talking to anyone about it. No chemo, but she's got tons of those little med containers by her computer desk. I don't know how she'd react because I'm pretty sure she's highly conservative. I still do it anyway.

Maybe I'm just biased because I'd only do this for the few people close to me and I'm freakishly afraid of any chance of losing my people, but since Cannabis is completely harmless anyway, I hardly even give it a second though.