Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think I might have figured somethin out...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WaffenGrow, Jul 29, 2011.

1. And please, if you disagree or shared a different experience please post. I've just seen so many posts and heard so many people talk about the effects of smokin herb.

I know weed is techn. a hallucinogen, what I also know it does not interact the same as hallucinogens so it doesn't act in any way like a hallucinogen.

There is a mass release of serotonin and epinephrine along with some other neurotransmitters... and I've read that, a large dose of such can induce a short period hallucinogen effect.

I think most of you know this, however, I can't wrap my mind around seasoned smokers whom say they have visuals....

Until now, after thinkin about it I was reminded of White Outs, (the opposite of black outs, most common amongst roller coster riders)

So I'm thinking with epinephrine raising your heart rate, and the holding of breath (increases heart rate) and the massive amount of gases in the lungs (huge hit) that what you get is an elevated oxygen level in the brain. AND THAT causes a whole lot of brain shit, visuals, an increase in the "high" etc,,,,

So I'm guessin amongst most smokers, the visuals are an effect of an white out and not the weed alone.

What you think?

2. Eh, I dunno. Even 30 minutes after the smoke on low tolerance, I can close my eyes and see pretty amazing shit on the back of my eyelids. Never had any open eye visuals though.

3. i dont "see" things
    but i vibe to things
    and thats why its a hallucinogenic

4. White out ? wtf you talkin about. people dont only smoke huge rips out of bongs. Some people take little tokes on a joint or something, and i for one dont really hold my smoke in for any longer than your average breath. So i dont hold my breath and raise my heartrate, and i only hold my smoke for 1-2 seconds, yet i've seen my fridge have little colour patterns on it when i was real baked once, it was awesome, but only happened the first time i ever got real high, not happened since. So i dont understand where you are coming from, but thats just my .02

5. It doesn't make you hallucinate it just makes everything 1000x better which is more than anything to handle causing strong euphoria

6. it's all in your head, check there

7. Placebo.

8. #8 Salle, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
    Well, colours of objects are more vivid and shiny.

Also, when I look at a light source, for example a lamp, then when I turn it off my eyes adjust to the darkness. And everytime I blink I see the 'faded imprint' of the light but in different colours every blink.

I guess its hard to explain. I tried my best.

Also, I do get CEVS but they arent extreme. Its just like little patterns appear, especially when listening to music.

But i dont think its 'white out' or oxygen saturation ur talking about. I dont thinks its placebo either because my friend recentlystarted smokin and he described almost identical experiences without me ever telling him that it happens to me.