I think I messed up my FIM

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DankimusMaximus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. This is her after 2 days of growth. Now ive seen what a FIM is supposed to look like, and This doesnt quite look like those pics. So reassure me GC did i do this correctly?

Attached Files:

2. Looks fine to me so far. when you do something like fimming or topping to a plant, you need to understand that you are throwing a stunt into the grow. Everything takes a few days to readjust as the plant assesses the damage and resets how it distributes all it's goodies.

Then the growth begins again,....slowly at first and it eventually ramps back up to full bore. Give it a week. Also, adjust your cycle accordingly,...if you were gonna veg for 4 weeks,...that now becomes 5 ;)

3. LBH hit it dead on man, u will notice the new growth in a couple of days. Mine at first i was scared cuz there was a little purple at the tip where i cut, but a few days later they start to grow nice. Even if u did mess it up, u can decide to top it and it will be corrected. U would just need to top it below where u did the fim.
    GL!

4. Cool, thanks. I won't stress myself out anymore. I hope i did it right :D

5. yup, but even in that pic, it looks like the fimm will take.

Good point though, a failed fimm is essentially a topping. I've screwed them up and gotten 3 instead of the 4,....life still went on and the three smoked beautifully ;)

6. Yeah it did have a bit of purple at the tip where i cut it.

Thanks for the reasurrance guys i appreciate it :D