Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think I may have the coolest parents on earth... A story of my cannabis success!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ChimpX, Sep 14, 2008.

1. #1 ChimpX, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    This story starts awhile back... And everyone please excuse me if I go on any tangents or this story is completely incomprehensible, nice Sunday morning wake n' bake. Bare with me, it is a little lengthy, but it is a great story and well written.

The story begins about 2 months ago, when mother was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I was in the car with her on my way to lunch with her. I don't live with my parents, moved out a little over a year ago. I still have a close relationship with them. My mother began talking about how she does not like the current medication she is on for treating her MS, besides her preventative shots she gets. (Percocet, Paxil, and muscle relaxers) She then said she was looking into holistic treatment, she then began to list of a long list of oils and herbs. I then turned to her and said you know marijuana is an herb? My parents know I smoke, and are OK with it, just rarely comes up in conversation. She said she doesn't want to go through her day all STONED. As then asked her how she felt on her current medication? Fatigued, light headed, nauseous, irritable, etc., those sound fun... The conversation ended here. I let it go, and didn't bring it up for awhile.

A couple weeks passed with out any cannabis talk, then I brought it up again. This time I did my research on the benefits of cannabis treatment for Multiple Sclerosis, I am armed and ready to go. I asked her if she would be interested in trying cannabis to see if it could help help her. Again she was being defensive. I then told her about how it works and how it may help her. She smiled, and told me the my father smokes, which I knew since my early years of high school, the garage would always reek and my dad would have bloodshot eyes, haha. I told her I use it for my Generalized Anxiety Disorder and OCD, which she didn't know, she always was under the impression I used it for recreational purposes only. She was surprised but not upset. But the conversation ended there.

A couple days later I to a little weekend road trip to Pittsburgh with my father, my family is from there. I brought my top bud, my father brought his "delicious" ditch weed, I found his dugout in his toiletry bag. He didn't know I brought any, at least I didn't think so. I spent one of the nights in Pittsburgh at my brothers. We played some cards and drank a little with a couple of his friends. I then took out my pipe and asked if I puff and if they wanted to. He use to smoke a lot back in college but has stopped in the recent years. He said he didn't care and that he wanted to but couldn't because of his job. He asked to see my bud, he said it was AMAZING and he never able to get stuff like it out in Pittsburgh. We went out to his garage, played around with his friends dirt bike and puffed, no one else joined me, but they didn't care. The night was over and I was blitzed.

Again a few more weeks passed. My parents came over to my house, which they do not do very often, I normally go visit them. They where going to a concert and wanted to park at my house close to the venue. I had a couple beers with them on my porch. My dad then told me he knew I smoked in Pittsburgh at my brothers and didn't care. He then asked me if I can get him any bud. WHAT?!?!?! I was shocked but a burst of excitement was building up inside. I was like are you serious?!?! He was like, yeah! He said my brother told how good the quality was. My dad only has access to shitty dirt weed, he lives out in the suburbs without any great weed. He pulled out his wallet and said he wanted an 1/4. I told him it was probably a lot more expensive then what he is paying, but he knew. I could of went upstairs and gave him an quarter from my stash, but I felt that would have been a little weird and could have gave my parents the wrong impression. I said OK, told him the rough price and told I could bring it over to there house the next day. They left for the concert and I went out for the night full of happiness! I went to my guys house later that night to pickup some weight, I wanted to get myself and my father a nice deal, I only charged him the price I paid, I am not a jackass!

The next day I went over to my parents house with the bud. The exchange between my father and I was quick, he didn't even look at it in front of me. It didn't come up in conversation for the rest of the day. The next week I went to go see my mom for lunch, during our conversation I asked her if she tried any of the bud that my dad bought, she said no, and that was that. A few days passed, this brings us to current time, and I get a phone call from my dad, he said he wants another quarter, cool I can buy it more weight now. Yesterday I brought the bud over to their house and went to the mall with them. At the mall while my dad was getting his haircut my mom told me she was going to try it! I was so happy, I hope this will really work for her, she is in a lot of pain.

I am going to wait a couple days to see if she tells me she tried it, then I am going to ask her if she did. I hope this works for her, it would just help out a lot. It puts a lot of stress on her and myself. I consider this a success on my part to get her to try it out, I hope it is a success with her MS.

2. Your family sounds awesome, sorry to hear bout your mum. Hope the buddah works for her :)

3. Good story.

Try different strains with your mom.

If she's going to be smoking, she should be smoking top grade stuff.

Remember -- Indicas are better for pain relief, but Sativas keep you clear headed. May want a 60/40.

4. #4 ChimpX, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    I wished I lived in a medical state. I don't have access to many strains, so my choices are limited.

The first pickup I got for my dad was a strong Sativa, my favorite, not not the best for my mom, not sure what my dad likes. The last pickup was, what I believe was a Indica dominant hybrid, not sure on the strain, but I have smoked enough to know the difference. :smoking: This is the bud my mother will be trying so it should work out great. I might also bring up the idea of a vaporizer to my mom if she ends up liking it, keep it healthy.

5. awesome story bro! I hope in a few years I have a relationship like that with my parents.

6. That's awesome. I love having a supporting, non-ignorant family. My brother and I smoke on a few times a week, and my mom is straight with it but she doesn't burn.

GL with your mom's MS and with your anxiety, I need it for anxiety too.

Good story also :)

7. Good stuff, man! My first time smoking was with my dad, and a few times since then, so I know how that can form a cool bond with the parents. Best wishes for your mom.:)

8. That's chill, I've noticed this between my friends who are stoners and there parents who also smoke that the older guys don't really know where to get good bud, my dad knew his guy for 20yrs and was getting charged 200 an ounce for som shit I wouldn't pay 50 for. and my friend's girlfriend's dad also hits me up from time to time to get some kind bud as the best he gets is mids, I don't know how much he pays so don't know if he's getting ripped or not. Idk what it is, Im not saying most older smokers have shit weed, I think it gets to a point for them where it is hard to get new connects and they've been buying off the same guy for 20+yrs as strains and growing techniques improved and everyone else got better and better bud, fuck I forgot what I was....Im faded:smoking:

9. Sounds like you're a good caregiver. "I bring the medicine~!~!"

10. haha it was my MOTHER who turned ME on to medicinal pot.

god bless her

11. Very cool story, man. Glad to hear how well things are going. Hope it works for your mom! :smoke:

12. +rep for spreading the magic

13. thats pretty sick

14. I believe this is relevant to the thread so here it is.

I lost 2 of my best friends to a car accident early saturday morning and a bunch of my friends and I went to the crash site and my friend Ryan told me that him(Ryan) and Joey (one of the friends that died) finally convinced Joeys dad to smoke a bowl with them and Ryan said that he had never seen Joey so happy and Joey actually hugged his dad (which if you knew Joey and his dad you wouldn't believe it) and Joey said that this was gonna make them so much closer. That was the first and last time Joey smoked with his dad. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I think you'll understand it.

15. dude when im out of my moms house i hope i can toke with her. i wish i could get a strong sativa. i mostly get a indica or a hybrid i got a nice sativa heavy hybeid now that i like.

nah man i get you i lost a friend i close with and everyone sasid that that day he said he was the happiest he has been in his life.

16. hey, you should have your mom look into eatin (cooking) weed

if she does not think she will be able to through her day high, this may be the way to do it.

I remember watching some youtube doc. on weed...really have no idea what it was called now, but, there was a good, fairly lenghy section of the film which conentrated on one eldery lady who ate food she baked herself, with very minimal amounts of weed in each portion of what she ate, so she would get the medical effects (meaning no pain), but not get flooooooooored. It worked very good for her, and many of her eldery friends(they would have tea & weed cookies parties!), and I would believe would be a great way to go about it for someone like your mother

I know that the lady has had some significant media coverage(because of legal trouble), and it was somewhere in Europe, prob England or Britian, if you would like to maybe research her recipes.
    In videos I have seen of her, I maybe believe her saying somewhere between a few points (0.1, 0.2) of weed to every portion she would eat(ex. 1 cookies), prob one portion a few times a day ( just like taking a medication).

17. haha i smoke buds with my bro, but its awesome u can do that with your dad

18. whoah. this is like me and me my mom. my mom has cancer and she tried smoking weed for the first time today. she passed out lol

19. He should be carefull not to get her toooooooo high.

20. that is one of the most heart warming stories i have read in quite some time