I think i may have ruined my whole garden!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Booga 1, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ok, i grow indoors and recently sexed my plants. i found a couple males and i have a friend who will make hash out of them so i took them to his house. while i was there he thought it would be cool to show me the amount of pollen that was coming off the plant and gave a branch a good shake. i do have to admit that the amount of dust that flew off the plant was astonishing.... it was just enough to dust my entire front from the chest down. i ran a couple errands and grabbed some dinner before coming home.
    by the time i was done with dinner i had taken off my shoes, socks, and shirt and had washed my hands once... i was still wearing the sweats i had been wearing when i got dusted.
    i had meant to strip and shower before going anywhere near my grow room but having done so much running around i forgot. i am currently back on 24 hour light to return the plants to veg and its been that way for about a week. what i need to know is if my ladies are ruined or if there's still a chance. GOOD NEWS PLEASE!?!?!

2. who knows, but you can't do anything about it if they are.

3. If any of the flowers have been pollinated the pistils will turn colour and recede, and after a week you'd be able to see where seeds will be forming. If it was as early into flower as you make it sound they probably wouldn't have even had enough calyx formed to possibly /ruin/ them. Also, pollen is easily airborne, but you would have had to shake your clothes off into the grow space or rubbed the plants on yourself to have shed any significant amount of pollen onto them. In my opinion switching their light schedule is far more harmful, stress can make them hermie and then pollen will really be a concern.

4. i had already changed the lights back a week prior and i was worried about making a hermaphrodite but now this thing with the pollen has happened and im scared. should i just continue to grow them and see what comes of it?

5. I don't understand what your concern is. /IF/ pollen happened to land on a pistil and pollinate the adjoining calyx then a seed will grow in the effected calyx and /only/ the effected calyx, it won't spread throughout the plant. Just let them grow, what's the sense scrapping all that work over a seed or two?

6. great. thanks