I think I know my problem, but want to make sure.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bankofthewest, Jun 2, 2009.

1. This is what I have:

Hydro or Soil - Soil (SuperSoil potting mix)
    Type of light? - 400watt HPS
    "Atmosphere" Conditions - 26 degrees during the day with about 40% hm during the day and 20 degrees with about 60/65% hm during the night. 2 inline fans, one for fresh air and one for exhaust. One more fan inside blowing on the little guys.
    Waterings (water with no huts at around 6.5 ph, water as needed, 3 or 4 gallon pots)
    PH Range PH of the soil is between 6.5 and 7.
    Nutrients/Supplements Alaska fish emultion 5 - 1 - 1
    Pictures if possible! below
    Design and Dates closet, 6' long, 2' wide, 7' tall. Has been 14 days since the little guys came out from the ground.

I have 4 plants growing. Picture one shows my strongest plant and the one furthest along. I took the pics a few min ago. Picture two shows the same plant a week ago. Pic 3 is of my second strongest plant.

The SuperSoil potting mix has ver little nuts. I believe my problem is from 2 things.

1. I need to start giving them some food.
    2. As you can see from the second pic, I used to spray them down 5 or 6 times a day and that caused the bottom leaves to "burn" up. I stopped spraying them and as you can see the top most leaves look good.

So I just want to make sure what i am thinking is correct. If not please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      332.6 KB
      Views:
    • 01_2.jpg
      01_2.jpg
      File size:
      355.9 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      362.4 KB
      Views:
  2. relax

yes it would be a good time to get em on a nute schedule, but start at 1/4-1/2 strength ( as I am sure you know). Foliar ( spraying em) feeding isn't a bad thing, just not 5-6 times a day. take it down to once a dayand only with nutes every once in awhile.

ohh yeah ...relax, your doin fine. most say overwatering kills most new grows. I belive overwatering is a symptom of the true culprit "over nurturing" your plants, its not a bad thing, I dont know of a coin collecter who didn't keep every coin at first, so its normal with a new hobby to be a bit "too into it"

my .02

PS good first post. you covered all the bases, and your plants look good to boot !

3. was wondering if you could take a look at my plant the leaves have become droopy and also curling in, i dont water too much as the soil is moist alot. hopefully you can diagnose my problem. Thanks in advance

4. Thank you!