i think i just lost all my friends.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bobbypin, Dec 9, 2009.

1. and i don't really know why.

to give this situation some background;
    i've got this group of friends that i love to death. a bunch of stoner guys. they're really cool. or...were really cool. i'm the only stoner chick in the crowd. through the past year, i've seen other stoner girls trying to get tight with this group, but they all get pushed out a week or two later for causing drama over this or that, usually a guy.

i'm crushed, because i feel like i'm getting pushed out of my stoner circle, like i've seen happen to other girls. but i don't know what i did.

me and the guys hadn't hung out in about a week and a half, and they had sorta been ignoring me. and i'm not the ho who texts someone every five minutes. i had called twice and left one message that entire week.
    anyways, i decided last night to drive over to the apt. everyone hangs at, and smoke everyone out in celebration of me getting this HUGE scholarship that would be paying me through this semester. i show up, we all smoke a couple bowls, and everything was totally normal. we were all joking around, and they were giving me shit for bringing my crayons. i like to color when i'm high. then one of the guys (one of my best friends) asked me when i was going home (it was around 1:00am, and they were finishing up some coke). i said i didn't know, but probably not soon, seeing as i was high as fuck and hadn't chilled with them in a while.

then he said "i'd rather you just went home right now." completely out of the fucking blue. i looked over at some of the other guys who heard, and they just gave me weird looks and shrugs.

to complicate this story, i had been having a 'friends with benefits' thing with the dude who said that to me. i don't know how that could have been related...or really why i'm adding this bit.

i was pretty shocked, and just put out my cigarette and left. i stood by the door and said goodbye, and they heard, and no one said goodbye to me. even worse, halfway to the car, i realized that i had left my crayon box. i was pretty upset, and my face was SUPER red, but i marched right back in there and got my goddamn crayons. i colored in the car for a while until i felt ok to drive home.

i tried calling that one guy tonight, it got rejected.

i don't have any other friends. i don't have any other stoner friends, or gal friends, or other friends my age. i don't know what the fuck to do.

i guess it'll get better. and stuff.
    i don't know. i'm sad.

2. Booyashaka, there you go. I dont know why he wants you gone, but fucking even as "friends with benefits" changes everything

3. awhhh...you forgot your crayons too?...damn...dude dont worry about it...ill be your new best friend. <3

4. dont worry baby you can come toke with me anytime :)

5. sucks, what a douche. the friends with benefits thing probably has a lot to do with it

6. This man speaks the truth. Listen to me when I say this. LADIES DO NOT DO FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS. It short circuits our brains or something. But you seem like a pretty cool chick in all, they just seem like dicks to me. I would just ask the dude flat out hey do you have a problem with me and if they do forget them then their not a friend anyway.

7. Awwww that was cute as hell.. I'd totally chill with you, poor thing. It could be a number of reasons, maybe jealousy of one of the guys that you were havin' a thing with him .. Or maybe they're all just dumbass egotistical jerks that aren't worth your time.

Maybe confront them about it? Like straight up, get the low down.

Are you in high school? That could EASILY be it. People are so immature in high school.

8. #8 GreyMatterTripp, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
    This story mad me very sad.:( (I think it's the crayon part that makes me sad.)

I'm sorry that people you thought were your friends turned out to be not as inviting as they once were.

Maybe it was just a bad night? Maybe it was just the coke making him edgy and irritable. I dunno.

Honestly I cannot really give much insight without understanding the social dynamics of your group but I do want to say that I hope you feel better.

9. Yeah, friends with benefits... that'd do it. I have no idea about what shit goes on in your circle, but fem-stoners are usually the first to go when the drama comes (maybe because they are the source?) lol. Sorry if that didn't make sense or came out in a negative way, I'm high. :smoking:

10. that really sucks, maybe try talking to one of the other guys and see whats up

11. find some new friends they seem like assholes. if they treat you like this then they obviously arent true friends. keep your head up and find some new people to chill with it cant be that hard;)

12. sad stuff, especially about the crayons, awkward. sorry girl sometimes boys are silly. good chance it relates to the FWB thing. good luck

13. You don't need the dickheads anyway....

I don't understand why they would do they that but you seem cool and you'll find new friends.

Good Vibes <3

14. I just read a thread in the "Relationships" forum that I'm certain is almost exactly the same sentiment from the guy's point of view:

http://forum.grasscity.com/sex-love-relationships/510008-i-out-line.html

So that you don't have to read it, I'll give the quick summation: He wants a relationship, but the girl he's "hanging out" with has made it clear that she will not have a relationship with him. Yet he's upset because she constantly wants to hang out with him taking away time that he could *conceivably* be using to find a girl who will be in an actual relationship with him.

This sounds exactly like what's going on in this thread:

One of the guys wants a relationship, for some reason it's not going past "friends with benefits," and this frustrates him. The only solution *in his mind* is to get away from you.

Now it sucks, because he's bringing the other guys with him. This is absolutely terrible, it's unfortunate in ways I cannot even begin to empathize with because they are so bad. But if you're not down for a relationship, that's going to be it. The other guys are unlikely to choose you if they haven't already.

You likely need to make new friends, and I am truly sorry about that.

15. "cuz homies ain't really homies, and friends ain't always friends, but money is always money and ends is always ends"--P-I-Double-L :mad:

16. Wow I would love to have a girl that seems soo damn chill in my stoner group.. If you ever come to Cali you are welcomed.

17. Most the time this is coming down, it is one person being a jerk and the others don't have the balls to stand up and say, hey WTF. So be cool and things will be ok as good things come to good people

18. like other people said...that's exactly why

other girls have tried to join your circle and end up trying to make a relationship with one of the guys and they get kicked out because the guys just want buddies in their circle and not relationships

19. that sucks, i know how you feel

20. 1)Friends with benefits can cause problems if both parties aren't extremely mature about it.
    2)How long have they been doing coke? If this is a recent change it could just be the drug? Has that guy always been the unspoken "leader" of the group?