I think I just killed my plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Greenz4momma91, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Welp. Of course this noob messed up big. This morning around noon I started lst after their feed. ( no nutes just water ) then I decided to top them around 3pm and ever since my plant has looked like this. I took of the garden wire I used to bend it because of its look. Did I top it wrong or what the heck did i do wrong. Only the white widow is "dying" ... my sour Diesel is looking awesome and i left its wire on. Pictures are this morning before anything was done and the other is this evening.

Attached Files:

2. They will be fine. It appears that they either have a slight amount of heat/light stress or the ph is off. You can see the upcurled ends of the leaf serrations. Tell tale heat/light stress. The twists are another issue. I get twisted leaves like that when my ph is off. Have you tested your water ph? A little signs of possible overwatering.

Definitely not dead. They will pull right through. Do you have a slight breeze blowing on them. That could help things.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Spot on, completely agree, heat stress, overwatered, and likely pH issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Even 1 wart is too many in my opinion, so I hope that's not his problem.

5. LOL! Grammar/Spelling Nazi strikes again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They're not dying by any means, but looks like you need some perlite in your soil mix to get the drainage up. MJ plants don't like to have their roots sitting in wet soil all the time and you never water a plant until you can lift the container and feel NO weight....like it's dead dry. MJ plants generally droop when they are too wet or too dry, so if your plant isn't drooping because it's too dry...you've not let it go too long. Even when they do get droopy from being dry, water fixes it as long as it's not been that way too long. But the biggest mistake new growers make is keeping the roots of their plants too wet. The best thing you could do is buy a bag of good quality grow soil. The stuff is specifically mixed just to grow these plants and will feed your plants all the way through their lives without additional nutes if it's not an auto variety and you can repot the plant. We use Roots Organics Original, tap water (that I do pH...though it's not neary as dire to do with a soil grow as with a hydro grow) and light. The key to getting a nice big plant and excellent harvest is light....along with being able to take care of them and keep them alive and happy. It's really very simple. You buy the right soil, plant the plant in it, water it in and stick it back under the light. Keeping your light as close to the plant as possible gets you the most good out of the light. However, if I'm not mistaken here, you've got a Widow, a sativa based strain, and the other, an indica based strain, so you'll have two different plants growing at different heights. The sativa is a taller and larger plant overall...given adequate light. And the indicas are a short and bushy-growing plant that seem to grow slower than the others. The indicas aren't fond of heat or humidity and don't deal with stress as easily as the sativas do. You can put some type of support around your plant (which you will need as the plant develops it's buds and they get heavier) and just tie tall branches down to whatever you cage them with. We put tomato cages on ours just as soon as they have put on buds really good. Each plant needs room to stretch out for the best light penetration and the strongest, best quality flowering light you can hang over it. You should not have to raise your light source just to cover more plants. That just robs the whole bunch. Nutes are just plant food and until your plant gets hungry, it doesn't need any. Your plant is definitely not old enough to start feeding yet....or doesn't HAVE to be fed. Normally, they'll become root bound in the container they're in when they've used up all the goodies in the soil they've been in and the overall color of the plant will wash out to a more yellowish green instead of the rich blue green we associate with a healthy plant. When or if ours get hungry, they just get repotted into a slightly larger container and fresh soil which feeds them until time for harvest. Nutes are essential (just as constant correct pH levels) in a hydro grow. They are not nearly as critical in a soil grow, especially in the beginning and during the veg cycle. If you do end up needing them, it's going to be after the plant gets bigger and on into flower...but the soil we use has more than enough food in it and we stopped adding nutes last year. Our harvest and buds are larger than they've ever been before, so I'm not feeding you a line here. I think you would benefit yourself greatly if you would find a reliable source and read up on how to take care of these plants, what kind of media they need to grow in, how to water and when to water, the importance of light for EACH plant and as much as you can learn about lighting...period. These lights will only cover so many sq. ft. and still force the plants to really grow and to get the most out of each plant, it needs optimal flower lighting. So if you plan to flower more than a plant or two with a single lamp, you need to make sure it's enough wattage and covers the sq. footage necessary to flower off each one. Best of luck! There's a fairly steep learning curve to this if you have no experience or nobody around who does to kind of guide you along. But the more good info on the process you have, the better your grow will turn out. I would also paint those walls white in that room to give you some sort of reflectivity to the you're using. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thanks for all the useful tips :)
    I've been reading up so much on this I swear my heads going to explode lol I have typically been doing the watering as the containers full light and looked completely dry but today I topped off their containers with soil , they needed some extra support at their base , and I figured they'd enjoy the extra nutrients from it, so I watered them both only 2.5oz but I'm guessing that was too much for the white widow. I'm using promix premium organic soil and it does have some perlite , and mycoactive ( whatever that is ) is there a preferred soil to perlite ratio I could do when I do transplant? Right now I'm using a 300w led but will be adding in another 150w when I turn them to 12/12. I've been using a mix purified water and tap while watering them too I don't test ph though... don't know if that matters but I was told tap water has some good things in it to for them so decided I'd mix it lol no mutes. Also , is white widow a sativa ?? The seed bank I got these from says 60% indica. The sour Diesel said I believe just sativa. I hope their both not, was hoping forbidden a little mixture of euphoria haha ;)