I think I have root rot at the start of flowering HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Stroomz, Jan 30, 2017.

1. #1 Stroomz, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Update: skip to last few posts to see pictures of the roots they don't look too bad but I believe because one night the temps went up to 96 degrees F I think that caused it...

Hi all my one single plant was doing beautifully until today. I noticed some leaves becoming yellowish brown on there edges for a few days but not a lot of them to worry that much. Then today not sure if it's even related to the leaf color change but everything looks super droopy. All the stems are flimsy fealing and everything lost its fullness. My wife and I had the heat too high last night I noticed the room temp got into the mid 90s it's normally in the mid 80s so I have left the door open since I seen this. Also the water was building up this white foam substance everywhere it was all over the roots, the cage and in the water. I think it's definitely the issue do you think it's from the nutrients I am using or the tap water? I finall went and got my special spring water today so maybe that will help I'm so worried ..... here's photos
    Also I noticed the ph seems to rise very quickly from red/orange which is 5.5 to dark green which is above 7.0 could nutrients cause this?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Can't see the leaf colour with that light, with that heat that will happen, with your ph at over 7 ain't good either, have you been overwatering also?

3. It's hydro DWC so overwatering can't be the issue..the ph isn't at 7 or above it just keeps trying to go up and then I put it back down but it goes back up after a day or two. I think that was mainly my waters fault I just switched to what I originally used and always use(natural spring water from a park near me) and I am hoping this water brings it back to life. I've never had a plant get sick like this at the beginning of flowering and I didn't do much different besides the water and started upping the nutrients so I figure it's one of those. Just now I re cleaned the bucket out and put fresh water again but this time I left out the nutrients so she gets pure clean water with nothing in it. I also took the plant into the bathroom and showered off the roots of the foamy white stuff. She ain't doing too good I'm so worried blah

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks I was just looking at that site actually the tool they have there doesn't give me the correct result but I think it mite be a Boron defiance what's anyone else think of that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Look at that one

6. I believe it mite be root rot..my roots are brownish and starting to smell a little bit and the plant matches all the descriptions for root rot..I think it has to do with temperatures it got into the 90s the other day and it should be below 80 in the box so I think it's that and low
    Humidity caused root rot

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well if it was in them conditions she wouldn't last long bro, I've no idea what or if you can do too resolve that, someone else on here may very well know, good luck too ya anyway bud!

8. I feel like it's hard to get help on here because most people don't care to look threw the sick plants threads to help people out I do from time to time but I never really get help. Except you replied! Thanks for your help man hopefully someone sees my issue and knows how to fix it I'm afraid the droopy leaves won't un-droop even if I fix this and all the spotted leaves as well will be dead permanently. FML

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here's newest photos all taken with the flash on
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]