I think I have GERD...

Discussion in 'General' started by Pho20, Jul 30, 2010.

1. I have developed constant mucus in my throat for the last few months and about a week a go it got pretty bad. I had to go to the doctor and he said that it was allergy and it was post nasal drip. Up until yesterday I have developed a real bad heartburn from eating a small amount of food. I cant fall asleep without having mucus clog up my breathing and I spew out green phlegm. My voice changed into a hoarse low voice like you would get from a severe sore throat. I am only 18, will this be a chronic? I stopped taking the rescon allergy pills cause god knows what the hell they do to me when I dont even have allergies. I am probably gonna go back to my doctor on monday, but will this have me stop smoking? Cause I cant live without smoking...

The reason why I think I might have GERDs is because I meet most of the symptoms I have researched online, and whenever I get the munchies I usually overeat and throw up. Constantly... So I may have developed it through throwing up...Stupid reason... I regret the munchies.

2. do you smoke cigarettes? for some reason I cough up mucus in the morning too. sometimes before bed also. And I stopped smokin weed a month ago.

3. I'm in the same boat, pretty sure I have GERD, or the larynx equivalent, LPR.

All day I'm just clogged with mucus and can't speak normally without coughing/clearing non-stop. My phlegm is clear though. Green phlegm means that you have an infection...

Mine has been going on for about 12 years now, and progressively getting more chronic and fucking up my life. I haven't tried the PPI pills that some seem to have success with though. I plan to go see an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor soon as this is getting out of hand.

4. #4 Pho20, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
    Yes I am a chronic smoker, I smoke ciggs and weed. As of now, I am cutting down temporarily till I find out what I really have. Dont want to fuck up my system more you know?

The heartbun was of only today, I am good right now but I feel weak. I am getting lethargic and lazy even though I want to run or do something. I have a feeling that I seriously fucked up my throat part...

My phlegm has multiple colors, when I have a lumpy feeling in my throat and I want to clear it out, its clear but very sticky.

When I hack and do that "hhaaakkk" thing to pull up phlegm/mucus I could taste bitter/salty shit and my phlegm is either green or brown. Its cobblestone looking too, its solid spherical looking and sometimes with a bit of liquid.