Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think I have diabetes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnywilks, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I've been worried for days , how can I tell without going to the doctors ?

2. Depedns what type u think u got. Why do u think that

3. I seem to be thirstier than usual and like blacking out when I stand up. Also having stomach pains. But i've also been working the graveyard (11-7) for the past 3 weeks and im not used to that

4. you'd have to check your blood sugar.

5. Im the certain person that drops to the floor with the sight of blood. Only on myself though. Also every time I get a needle or go near a hospital/dentist i pass out. So this is the last thing I want.

So there is no other way to tell , other than blood sugar levels?

6. Diabetes sucks. I have a neighbor who's a brittle diabetic. Basically his blood-sugar is like an elevator. At anytime it can shoot up or down.
    Just the other day his blood-sugar dropped like a rock and he was sleeping in the chair. After a little while we tried to wake him up to see if he was alright. He wouldn't wake up.
    We had to call 911 and they came and gave him a quick fix into his arm and he perked right back up.
    Plus he has to do like daily insulin shots and shit.

7. thanks , for scaring the shit out of me

8. What's your diet like? Sounds like dehydration, high blood pressure and some form of indigestion... all which can come from a poor diet.

9. If you want to know so bad go to the doctors lol. Why don't you want to?

10. Well I usually eat healthily , but over the past week i've had no sleep and rarely eaten. And its only been this week i've felt anything different

11. If you really think you have diabetes get off the damn internet and go see a doctor.

Also, why post on a site about weed when you could post on a medical site?

Doesn't seem like you're really that worried to me....

12. Old, old method! Get two saucers. Put some of your urine in one, a healthy friend's in the other. Put them outside and watch. If flies prefer your urine over your friend's, you have diabetes. The body dumps some of the excess sugar into your urine and the flies prefer it.

Granny .

13. Is that really true ?

14. [quote name='"Johnywilks"']Is that really true ?[/quote]

Storm crow tells no lies

15. haha homemade diabetes test..I like your style :cool:

16. Why would you not go the doctor? Having diabetes is a serious health problem and needs to be medically evaluated and monitored. You very well could die if you don't see a doctor.

17. #18 weednotcrack, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    No sleep and rarely eaten? That doesn't sound like diabetes, look at the list of symptoms and see if you have any of these.

Common symptoms of diabetes include:

• Excessive thirst and appetite
    • Increased urination (sometimes as often as every hour)
    • Unusual weight loss or gain
    • Fatigue
    • Nausea, perhaps vomiting
    • Blurred vision
    • In women, frequent vaginal infections
    • In men and women, yeast infections
    • Dry mouth
    • Slow-healing sores or cuts
    • Itching skin, especially in the groin or vaginal area
    Diabetes Symptoms: Excessive Thirst, Nausea, Vision Problems, and More

18. The only sure way to determine if you have diabetes is to go to a doctor. Even if it isn't that, testing will determine what is wrong, because blacking out when standing isn't normal. It could be any number of things, such as blood pressure abnormalities, hypoglycemia, or heart issues. However, diabetes is serious, and going without treatment can be very dangerous and complicate things in the long run.
    It is very well worth it to go get your finger pricked and glucose levels tested.

19. Lol thats crazy at first I thought it had to be a troll until I saw who posted it