I think I have an overcrowding issue?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Satuit020, Jul 18, 2019.

1. I didn’t expect to have this many female plants and my 10x10 greenhouse is getting a little bit over crowded. Last year I had my plants in my garden and lost about half the yield due to mold because of the wet fall we had. Now my issue is overcrowding. Should I just place some of the plants around the yard or just keep it the way it is and trim some of the branches? One of the pics is from only 2 weeks ago. Lots of growth in the first weeks of July.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. I think you're ok.
    Seen WAY worse.
    Nicely done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You can top them, and LsT them. We ended up buying a couple extendable poles that go out 12ft and some clothesline rope. Put one pole on each corner and tie the rope to each top end. Run the rope under the plastic cover or will square off one side and raise the top up a few feet. Then run a rope from each pole to the ground at an angle pull til it's tight tie a loop and run a wooden stake into the ground through the loop to pull it tight and straight. It will support the poles and keep the top rope tight. You can do it with both sides and square off the whole hoop house or just one side. We found the poles for $16 ea. From Lowes. The blue hawk brand. Hope this helps. LMK if you need help better understanding or a photo to get the idea.

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Oh, you ain't seen a mess till you been to my house.

Here, just so you won't feel too dumb....
    CRW_0002.jpg CRW_0011.jpg CRW_0007.jpg CRW_0005.jpg
    The more I chop, bend, and tie off the worse it gets. Everyday - all the work I did yesterday looks like I an't did noth'n in a month.
    Not gonna do this again!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Like this. Our cover was too expensive to cut its got a 5 year guarantee made in Germany it's cross laminated three ply think it's called exo. Also after pick added two more ropes in the middle staked down to the ground to pull opposite ends to tighten/ raise the roof.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I’m glad I’m not the only one having this problem. They just keep growing! Hope they stop soon! I had to put a drip irrigation system in because I had to crawl to the back to water the plants. Did anyone have any problem with mold growing in a greenhouse? I have 2 fans going 24/7 to try and help this from happening. Last year I had a massive bud rot issue but they were outside. That’s why I’m trying the greenhouse this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I've had mold issues. I live in a damp foggy micro climate.
    That's my reason for a green house in the first place.
    Between that and the insect poop I would lose a disappointing portion of my crop to mold.
    This year I outgrew the sandbox. I was really in fear that so much vegetation inside this plastic house would be just too much condensation and encourage a mold environment.
    I cut much needed ventilation in the sides and now I see the plants swaying in the breeze. I also defoliated tremendously. I'm feeling much better about it now that I can actually see through the forest. Staying ahead of the bug poop and giving Green Cure a try this time around.
    It ain't over till I'm tasting the bud.

8. They just keep growing! I might have to try and raise the greenhouse if they keep this up.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1