I think I have a N problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Growbrothers, Oct 19, 2009.

1. This is my second grow and I have four clones growing under two 42w(150w equivalent) CFL's, they are in small pots in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I am having problems with my two Massachusetts Super Skunk clones. I did some research and have what I think is a nitrogen problem. On the most recent watering I used Earth Juice "Grow" nutes at 1/2 strength in order to combat the N problem. The plants aren't looking any better and I'm hoping to fix this quick.

I have enclosed the pictures of the MSS clones and the dark curling leaves are what I'm worrying about. I have also included pics of my Shiva Skunk clones (the middle 2 pics), they are looking great but there are some yellowing leaves that maybe someone can offer advice on.

Attached Files:

2. what's ur ph?
    Is this the first time you gave them nutes?

3. Yes it's the first time I gave them nutes. I balanced the PH of the water to 6.5 before I added the nutes but maybe the nutes changed the ph of the water?

4. best to start out slow with nutes, usually 1/4 strength is good so you don't burn them and work up from there.

PH of 6.0 is good for soil - especially if your having issues.

I've heard ffof is good for a couple weeks without nutes - but haven't used it myself. hopefully someone who has will chime in.

you might just need to flush them with ph balanced water and see how they do. Keep an eye on the new growth. it'll tell ya if the problems resolved. It'll take a little while before you know for sure.

Gluck