I Think I Have A Boy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by evilcult, Jun 21, 2014.

1. My plant (s) have been under 12/12 for about a week now, amd it seems one might be a boy. I did FIM it about 3weeks ago, and now i see where the name comes from, coz fuck, i missed big time! Lol. Thing is, im not sure if the stuff i am seeing is male parts, or maybe just weird growth because of the fim, and thats why i am here.

I have attached alot of pics because the lightning was not so good and i wanted to get a pic from all angles

On a better note, my second plant, last 2 pics attached, is a girl!!

Sent from my C6603 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Total Greg, there, man.

3. It's a male for sure dude. You did miss really bad though on the fim lol. The worst that can happen is claw leaves grow from that set but it's no big dea. I'd rather top, last and supercrop into the exact shape I want. Fims are always a crapshoot because you doubt know how many budsites you're going to get. If you check every node I bet all of them have nuts. If you don't have more plants pop some fresh seeds. If you do have more plants cover the whole plant with a trash bag, zip tie the bottom and cut it. One of those pollen sacks busting while you take it out could easily mean your other females get pollinated. I always covered then anyway. If you pop new seeds and don't wipe your room down you could have pollen in there still. Fuck pollen.

4. I totally hope you meant to type girl, and not Greg. Haha.

5. Nope, Greg's a dude.

6. Thanks all. I have another girl in there, amd i think pollen was definitely thrown around, because i violently moved them around a few times now, including just now to get the pics. Oh well, if it pollinated, i will have a few seeds for the next grow. :p quess thats how we learn.

Worst part is the male, almost died, twice, it took so much nurturing to get it to stay alive. And this is the thanks i get?

7. Hah, not to be rude but that's kind of a funny male. ONE of your pics did have pistils in it. It was the second to last pic, had to zoom in to be sure I was right lol.

8. #8 evilcult, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    The last two pics is another plant, with female preflowers.

9. #9 Apple Jacks, Jun 21, 2014
    Ahh, thought it was all one plant.... cuz I need 2 lern 2 reed.

10. kill it! kill it with fire!!!!
    [​IMG]

11. #11 SupaaBaked, Jun 21, 2014
    I'd spray everything down with water. Water deactivates pollen. I'd wipe down your walls to just to be sure. Seeds really do take away from the final product on weight and potency. Your female could still hermie so just be careful about how much stress you give her. If I was down to one female with unknown genetics I would have seeds germinating already. I had a strain I thought was stable from previous grows. She got a little too stressed and one pollen sack turned into dozens and so on. I ended up with 13 ounces of pretty seeded bud. Unseeded packs more of a punch than the same bud with seeds.

12. Already have 2 seedlings that started about a week ago.

Not to worried about the seeds. Going to confess something now, i have not smoked bud in about 6 years. I just came to a point were it just does not phase me, but i have always been interested in the growing process, and seeing as i dont have a hobby, thought this could become mine.

So, having seeded buds will probably serve me more than sensimillia (sp?) ones.

Weird choice for a hobby, right?