I think I harvested wrong :(

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by bostonbluebud, Apr 27, 2011.

1. I now happen to be curing alot of bud and I dried it really well (its rather crispy).
    I also made sure that I don't have bud rot and I don't. My bud seems to have a fertilizer smell to it, it smells like half good bud like piney and skunky and half ferts. I have no clue what I did wrong, so can anyone explain? This was also my first grow :smoke:

2. did you stop feeding them atleast 2 weeks before harvest?

3. Yea I think so, I gave em molasses though like a week before though.

4. Did you properly flush any nutes a few weeks before harvest?

5. have you considered that the smell could be coming from what you dried them in? i'm not one of these people, but there are people on here that swear a flush is absolutely unnecessary and even slow's resin production in the last few weeks. regardless though, if you cure the buds for a few months, the smell will probably go away.

6. idk if you know this op but you're supposed to give each plant 3x's the amount of water as there is soil for each one 14 days before you harvest them.

the point of this is to flush out any nutes in the soil and the 14day wait is to allow the plant to use up and traces of fertz in the soil.

if you grow a plant with chemical fertilizers and DONT flush it then its going to smell like chemicals or hay and when it burns it'll have a bad taste and you might hear crackling.

7. Sounds like you overdried the product. What are the stems like?

Simon