I think i got a major insect problem what is this bug!!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deleted member 923969, Dec 31, 2018.

1. I just transplanted my auto into a 5 gallon bucket today. About 2 hours later i noticed a bug crawling in my soil i scooped him up and killed it not even a second after finding that worm like thing i find a slighly bigger 1 crawling up out of soil. Please help what bugs are these and are they a risk to my babys. I posted a pic of plant i found them in and a pic of 2 of them bugs 1546275488770.jpg 1546275520153.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Grubs?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Can you tell us more about your soil, lights, environment, outside factors, possible contamination’s? Always indoor?

These things will help others give you better answers friend :)

4. I did bring in outside soil i use to grow with inside to grow potatos of all sorts. I do have my potatos mixed in the same grow area with my mary jane. Soil being used is pro mix but poatos are in miracle grow soil so im not sure how they would get into my other pot. I should note i did mix alot of compost in with more perlite and worm castling

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think some of the pro growers on here might know if a soil additive that may help kill them off? Outside soil can be a lil sketchy sometimes if u don’t cook it first (heat to kill anything bad) but this is just from what I’ve read.. never actually used soil from outdoors before.

But if they are grubs then they def will eat up some roots I would imagine... I doubt a couple of them could kill the plant... but I’m just being hopeful. They have large chewing apparatus on their faces which is a bit worrisome

6. I looked into the grub thing more i need to remove them before my roots get destroyed anybody with ideas on how to erradicate them im all ears i do have 7 dust

7. June bug larvae..... grubs....nasty lil fukers download.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. How does one handle such nasty little critters?? Asking out of sheer curiosity

9. Wouldn't use 7 on weed if I were you. I knew you used outside dirt the moment I saw them. I would transplant into better soil. I can guarantee you there are probably far worse things being brought in with that dirt... like spider mites...thats how I got my first infestation.

10. I use milky spore on my outside veggies. Not sure if it's safe for bud tho... other than that lizards, frogs, and being a fisherman, bass love those grubs

11. Definitely not too late to toss out that dirt and order some happy frog or ocean Forrest and transplant

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sad news is i am out of soil until the local wallmart restocks them after winter time. Would putting 7 dust on soil away from plant be safe or is that a toxic hazard still just wondering

13. I can remove the plant if i am careful. What should i do after that to kill every bug in my soil i am worried about these gurbs because they can turn into beetles and this summer i lost 8 tomato plants 6 green peppers and a sunflower they are that bad in my area. When tgey become jappense bettles

14. Order from Amazon. If that's not possible, I would bake the soil on a low heat for about half an hour to kill off the Mico pest, the grubs are big enough to be picked out. 7 won't kill em unless you put it directly on them.

15. Welp i got it transplanted in safer soil i had tucked away in a small closet from a old old grow i guess it will have to do for now

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had a bunch of these guys in my vegetable garden last season..... they were mostly around my potatoes. I didn't see them until I harvested. They show up in big numbers also

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Thanks for giving me a horror attack. If those things poped up in my indoor garden id run out of the room. Id wash off all the dirt with a hose and repot.

• Like Like x 1