I Think Eventually We Will Have War With Robots!

Discussion in 'General' started by NYYstateofmind, Mar 14, 2009.

1. I was just watching the sara conner chronicles in the living room for a couple of minutes, and some dude said, "This is ridiculous! I'm not bargaining with a robot!"

This immediately sparked a thought in my head about a man vs robot war, i think it is quite possible in the future, and i think it will happen something like that!

We as humans will think we are above robots (which we are) and robots won't like being treated like shit or inferiors, so they will take action.

Every war is about having power, i don't think we can never live with any other life form on this planet because some power hungry shit like that will go down.

What do you think?

2. Um, unless robots somehow get free will or emotions, I'd say it's not going to happen.

3. Somebody's excited about Terminator.

It's OK, it looks pretty cool, I guess.

4. aren't there laws pertaining to robots? :smoking::smoking:

5. I leave that stuff to movie directors

6. #6 gonemadwithmary, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    You think that we'll eventually have war with robots?

Veeeeerrrrrry original. :rolleyes:

7. Yeah, and we will have a black president too right?

...shit.

8. I think a man vs robot war would be possible, but the war would be between two technologically different countries, one of which would have not yet developed efficient remote war machines.

9. #9 SEOH, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    If you mean machines fighting people, it's already happening in Iraq (TALON is just one example). If you mean machines or cyborgs like a terminator fighting people we're probably a long way off from that. You'll probably see some form of Skynet before you see a terminator, because we'll need it to help tackle the engineering problems. Unmanned planes (beyond UAVs actual fighters/bombers) will become very common in the next decade though. The next step will be robots that fight more automously along side people.. at least on the side with the tech advantage.