I think being promiscuous is a-okay.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by bon idee, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I think it's spectacular.

I've never really told anyone my opinion on this, and thought I would just share with you guys. I've been with my boyfriend for five years off and on, and when we broke up a few times I had sex with other people. I wouldn't consider myself promiscuous person, I've slept with a few people but not like everyone i meet when I'm out on the town. And I've never cheated on my boyfriend either, but...

I don't believe that humans are meant to be monogamous creatures. I mean, we're one of the only species on earth that enjoys sex, and it's the harsh truth, but having sex with the same person over and over gets boring.

I also like the different reactions I get from people when I "do what I do". I like lingerie and damn it I like getting laid. And honestly, I think that if two people are comforatble with their partners having sex with other people it's a okay. I think that people who like sleeping around are just fine. As long as you're not hurting anybody else in the process.

I also wanted to get you guys's feedback on this: If a girl has sex with say, over 10 different people within a year's time, does that make her a slut? What number of people do you have to sleep with to be a slut? And why is it okay for men to have sex with multiple people but not women?

2. Yah. Yer a slut.

jk. I preach this all the time "monogamy is not human nature, but second nature to us."

Do what you do, but I suggest it'd be wiser to be discreet about how you openly choose to practice your sexuality, since women are still very much oppressed in today's society.

P/ce.

3. 10 people a year? every year? yeah thats slutty.

4. Were oppressed because we don't speak up.

I don't think I should have to be discreet about anything. Men can say whatever they want, what's the difference?

And I never said how many people I've had sex with, I said a few. That could be anywhere from like 3 up.

5. #5 Palmer Eldritch, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    Bon Idee, I recommend to you this book. Jared Diamond's The Third Chimpanzee

It has a good section on human sexuality, how it compares to other animals and primates and how physiology correlates to sexual habits. Its conclusion (grossly simplified) is that humans are supposed to be mostly monogamous by nature. There is too much survival risk by being too promiscuous.

I'm sure you weren't looking for an evolutionary answer, but an ethical one. For that, I suggest having a little restraint...

6. i think jealousy and other factors pretty much make monogamy human nature.

7. 10 diff people over a year, no way. a month? def.

8. Thanks, Palmer. I'll def look into it.

This doesn't necessarily apply to myself or anyone I know. I just mean in general, where is the line drawn that makes someone a player or a slut by society's standards.

9. I live by the saying if it looks good eat it :D

10. I think it just depends on the person really. I have only slept with a few people and have turned down some situations which are probably going to get made fun of here but I don't give a fuck. My main paranoia is disease's. Anything as small as mouth herpes and anything else worse further on makes me want to be extra careful. But as long as you know what you are doing, more power to you.

In the last couple of years I have had the chance at some pretty hot chicks and I have no idea how I even impressed them (I'm a pretty skrwany, geeky bastard), but unless I have just known and really trusted the girl I wouldn't touch her. Not everyone you meet has AIDS but I am still to paranoid to fuck at random.

11. This to. By god when it is good, you know it is good, and it taste's soooo Good :devious:

12. I also have a feeling my posts my be irrelavent here, I have been drinking and don't really remember the orginal post I was replying to...fuck it..hehehehe

13. na dude ur good it makes sense

14. #14 verbae, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    here; I don't feel like typing out my arguments right now so I'll have to resort to my old post.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sex-love-relationships/525318-breaking-up-sucks-2.html#post6435576

that is how I feel on the matter.

True, for the most part.

However, it's the way we are objectified by the media frenzy, as well as mind-fucked into believing that we should condone it.

I am a bit of a feminist at times, but if a woman wishes to degrade herself to the public eye by (for example) being the belligerent and obnoxious attention-whore at a party (prime example: "sexy party" thread)..yeah I'd dub her a slut. But I won't sit there and pay her any mind;I know we've all encountered a few of these;).

If you sleep with a few men, eh. Whatever floats your boat. But if you're sleeping with a few men, their friends, and/or all of the men in that circle? Yeah, that's pretty skanky.

If you have a spectacular one-night stand (every once in a while) to encourage your spontaneity, that's cool too. But if you're making it an weekend effort to bring home a different guy every time, then yes, you're a slut.

Hmm. Need I say more?

EDIT: And it goes both ways; for men/women.

15. As long as you don't become a flesh bag of STD's you could fuck how every many people you want, who's gonna stop you? Other people's judgments towards you? I think not!

16. Well, I'm glad to see I'm getting positive feedback.

Has anyone ever had a bf/gf that was promiscuous? If so, how did you feel about your relationship knowing that they had been with so many people?

17. Not to nit-pick, but hundreds, perhaps over a thousand other species have sex for pleasure; not solely for procreation. For example, there are so many different species which masturbate and/or demonstrate homosexual behavior.

I would say that basically "slutiness" is defined by an attitude towards one's own sexual behavior, not really a number. Responsibility and self-respect are key here.

As for the last thing; I personally don't subscribe to that double standard. I would say in terms of social acceptability that this archaic notion is from another era and some still cling on to it to this day.

18. I think it depends on motives, sort of like what Verbae was getting at.
    If your caught in the moment, really enjoying it, and want to have a good time then I don't think it's slutty. If you're sleeping with someone solely for the sake of sleeping with someone, for bragging rights, for "benefits", or because you feel pressured into then it's slutty. Works for both guys and girls.

Fuck the double standard, really. If you want to sleep with someone because they're damn sexy and your in the mood than all the power to you.

19. So do you have to use 4 fingers, OP?

20. i know this is a joke but frequency of sex has not shit to do with how tight someone is