I Taste, Smell, Basement?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokersonly, May 27, 2013.

1. #1 smokersonly, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    Hello!  Human growers, here's my problem..  I grew out some Sour D in my basement. YAY!!!  NO!  Where my problem lies is, I pinched off a piece to test it, and it tastes like my basement smells?  Super Dank thoe!!! but, when i squeeze the budz, they smell like basement; instead of smelling like gas fuel? (Not Good) Im in the 10th week!  SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP??? 

2. Sounds like you've grown some really ( LOW ) grade smoke.. HA.. ok that was a cheap shot you really didn't deserve but I just couldn't resist..
    Who cares what it smells like.. does it get you high is all that really matters in the final count... I really don't see a strong stinker like a diesel strain smelling like basement but .. more details please.. if you've grown in the basement floors dirt that might... zero air exchange might account for... or you could just name it .. ok I'll stop now.. :smoking:

3. You need to clean your basement man. Don't grow in a dump, it needs to be clean like a lab :p

4. :laughing: Thank's for the reply:)  No, Im pretty much dialed in.  It's just that anything that I seem to bring around to toke with the guy's, they say has that basement smell in taste.  Could it be that the THC is picking up that mildew basement smell? 

5. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the basement smell in the dank after a 10week growing cycle?  SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!! :cry:

6. #6 Old School Smoker, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    Is your basement damp with mold growing on the concrete? I think that is what really gives a basement a nasty smell. And if its closed off then the air gets stale. I had to get rid of the pile of dead bodies that were in the corner.

7. My basement is really damp humidity is at about 80 something percent. Mold i can't physically see growing but, im pretty sure it's there. okay i got that part, thank's for the help but, what about the smell in the dank Now?

8. When I would get harrakah I would put orange peels in it and toss in fridge.

9. 80% humidity is poision for marijuana. Lower that humidity level!

10. yeah man you need a dehumidifier, they are pretty expensive but they are an essential thing to have in a basement even if you arent growing anything

11. Buy some febreeze nigga

12. ^ I'm going to report you to the admin. that type of derogatory language is not tolerated on this forum and you should be ashamed with what you have stated and should erase your post. I'm sure the KKK WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOU VEIWS, but I know the GC fans do not. So in other words if your not to help take you wise crack BS ELSEWHERE

13. Hahaha the kkk would be proud......funny shit.....OP you need a dehumidifier.....I recommend delongi.....and around a 40 pint for 200$....it'll save you that in bud rot in a year.

14. Hahaha the kkk would be proud......funny shit.....OP you need a dehumidifier.....I recommend delongi.....and around a 40 pint for 200$....it'll save you that in bud rot in a year.

15. why delonghi?

16. They automatically turn back on after power failure and you can hook them up to a 5 gallon bucket...and GREAT warranty....1yr.....I pull 5 gallons of water out of my house every 2 days.

17. never done an indoor grow but now if i do i'll check them out, they don't look cheap or anything, i just never heard of them.

18. I run a basement grow.
    And run a commercial dehumidifier
    2 air filters
    1 ionizer
    1 16x22 carbon scrubber on 400 cfm fan
    No issues....
    Protect your investment..
    :D

20. Delonghi is one of the best a/c , dehumidifier companies in the world.....and Tails is 100%....protect your investment.....it would suck to have bud rot ruin every cola you just spent 2 1/2 months growing.