I talk to myself

Discussion in 'General' started by Zedstomper, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Is that a problem? Whenever I'm high and home alone I'll just have a convo with myself, am I going crazy??

2. I used to say things like
    "first I'm gonna grab this and pour it into that. Then I'm going to put this in here and grab this and go over here and sit there and grab this and turn the channel to that and sit like this"

In those exact words using "this" and "that" and "here"

3. It's a little unusual, but I don't think chatting to yourself while high is suitable evidence for a psychological condition, more just a quirk.:smoke:

4. I do it to but I know I'm nuts

5. And you would do this sober or high?

6. Sometimes I mumble things to myself. I live alone, so when nobody is around, I get sick of staying in my own head so I verbalize some things. I don't think we're going crazy, but it's a short trip.

7. It's ok to talk to yourself. But when you start arguing with yourself.. That's when you have problems..

8. #8 SlayerVA, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
    It depends, anyone can talk to themselves out loud about stuff.

But when you actually have a debate about something... then it's a problem.

Edit: and let me just clarify, you can think out loud your thoughts and argue that, but when it gets to a point where you are 2 different people lol.. then you should look into it.

9. #9 StonedOpossum, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
    I constantly talk to myself. I use it as a way to articulate my thoughts more clearly. When I was still at home my parents would constantly walk in on me doing homework and ask me who I was talking to.

Don't worry about it. You're not crazy.

I debate myself sometimes, but it's only when I'm trying to work out a problem. I find it useful to have somebody to bounce ideas off of, even if that somebody is myself. I really just need to verbalize my thoughts.

10. i talk to myself too. i think it's something a lot of people do lol.

11. Yeah I hear people say it's only crazy if you answer yourself. I say it's good company. I'm one of few people I know who can legitimately hold a conversation with me. However there is a difference between simply verbalizing your thoughts and say...

"How's Eddie feeling today? Eddie is angry. Good Eddie, harness your anger."

12. I make little comments/statements to myself and laugh about it or say a small bit but I don't jus sit there and have convo with myself.

Edit: And no, you're not crazy. You're just lonely (in a very non-depressed way, it seems)

13. When I'm high alone I do the same as you but in quiet song form. It freaks people out when I just walk past, singing about what i'm doing ahaha

14. I ask myself a rhetorical question usually when I am working on something.

15. Yea I think I might get a job lol