i talk to myself...sometimes

Discussion in 'General' started by phiegnux, Mar 17, 2009.

1. im a naturally reclusive, kinda solitary guy. at times, i get quite lonely, and as a result, i occasionally begin to speak, or just think, as if i was just asked a question regarding myself or random subjects. ill explain to the imaginary inquirer my position on various topics...untill i realize how futile and rediculous it is. afterwards i feel...well, pathetic.

am i the only one? anyone else have quirks similar to this? or am i really just a schizo?

2. I talk to myself all the time. You're not the only one. I usually make better decisions about shit if I actually sit down and talk it out with myself, lol

3. <---- Only on Shrooms
    :smoking:

4. all the time. im more or less the same way OP.

5. I tend to explain things that are wrong in the world to no one in particular, because not many people want to listen to what's going on right in front of them.

Whenever I go on a tirade in an attempt to convince someone to really care about things, most of the time that person admits to simply not caring.

We live in a nation of head-in-the-sand cowards.

I also vocalize my thoughts on various subjects, as I am also a pretty solitary person. It is very tiring trying to find people not caught up in the bullshit.

It's good to speak, even if it's to no one in particular.

6. Yeah dude, it's a lot more normal than you'd think.
    Other people just don't tend let others know they're guilty of it as well.

7. I wish people wouldn't be so fake.

Although I am guilty of this as well, I am at least making an effort to eliminate any differences between my alone personality and my social one.

We all know how we act when we're at home, by ourselves.

If we could simply free ourselves from our social inhibitions, we would be a much healthier society.

8. +rep man. ive been trying to do the same thing, still working on it.
    if the world was truly free of their own fears and thoughts we could live in harmony.
    without govt...

[​IMG]

9. Yeah, I do that shit from time to time. Not conversations but I may make some random ass point to myself I guess. Or I'll do it when I'm trying to remember something.

10. I'll do a lot of situational day dreaming, not really conversing with myself though.

11. Occasionally, I will say something aloud to myself...

Like if I get frustrated at work, I'll be like "fuck!" or "unfuckingbelievable" even though I know I'm by myself, and I could easily have just thought it. It makes me feel better saying it for some reason though...

but I don't sit there and have conversations with myself or anything like that. I do hum a lot for some reason.... like I just hum little random songs/sounds a lot when I'm by myself.

12. #12 phiegnux, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    yea i figured i wasnt as weird as i sometimes feel. 'preciate the input.

now that you bring it up, when i did vocalize these various thoughts, it felt good to do so, as if it should've been said for some reason. i feel like i may be rehearsing a future conversation that could be sparked. and sometimes, they do find thier way into talks with friends.

i disagree about rants and tirads. when they are well thought out and make sense, thier a joy to listen to, and im sure a joy for the speaker.

13. I talk to myself quite often.

I'm my own best company. ;):p

14. every person talks to themselves at all times of the day
    not all of them talk to themselves outloud
    but all people talk to themselves in their minds
    pay attention to what you think
    your constantly talking or rather thinking to yourself
    like when your about to do some crazy stunt you'll probably think
    "holy shit what am i doing?"
    it's like your two people

there's constant talking in my mind and yours
    you either gotta learn to live with it and cope
    or vow your life on a life of spiritual enlightenment
    which is ceasing the talking in your head and reaching nirvana

i dont know if this makes any sense
    and if it doesnt sorry for wasting your time
    :smoking:

15. its ok to talk to yourself

but answering yourself is a different question, lol silly sounding aint it

16. I do it to. Only sucks when you don't realize your doing it and someone catches you.

17. i do dude. but thats just cause im schitzophrenic.

18. I have actual conversations with myself in my head but I don't speak physically.

19. see, ive been told before that i have schizophrenic tendencies by a pychologist. after the meeting i had with her, i thought long and hard about it and the meaning of the word. i finally realized that is just a word. a word that was given meaning by those who came up with it and gave it characteristics. i finally deduced that it was BS, and that even if i am partly schizophrenic, its only in the eyes of those who diagnose such a condition. to me, im unique. i dont feel crazy, but like Junkie said, i too enjoy the company of myself and my occasional split personality, sometimes (well, often times) more than with other people. i seem to get more accomplished, even if im not doing anything, just thinking and analyzing.

20. I talk out loud to bkadoctaj ALL THE TIME.