I talk about weed too much?

Discussion in 'General' started by Live_Life, Nov 4, 2014.

1. I love weed, I love the smell of it, the look of it, the taste of it, the many ways of inhaling it! I'm always on grasscity, watching YouTube videos, checking out glass online or in store, idk I just love everything about weed haha. But I notice when I'm with my friends or just talking in general I'm always talking about bud, whether it's dank bud I'm about to grab (me and my friend since whenever I grab he grabs) or maybe some modifications to my bong or new glass I'm getting I'm always talking about it.

Well last night I was talking about this new Zong that I really want to get and my friend just stops me mid sentence and says "you talk about weed a lot man...youre always talking about it, you should talk about other things instead of bud all the time." I never really realized it but I'm just very passionate about bud and the culture so I guess I always talk about it lol. What do you guys think, is this bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's not good or bad man, but I could see how it could be quite annoying. Take weed as a tool. For example you have a saw, and you can talk to others about this saw, and use this saw, but this use of the saw is not the be all and end all, it's going towards bigger things, such as building a house. 

I'm not sure if this is a great analogy, but I'm stoned, so ah well. At least you have the awareness to pick up on your buddy mentioning this and question it yourself.

3. I wouldn't say its bad, I tend to talk about it on the daily, especially since I frequently visit this forum.  But I certainly don't talk about it all the time.  If its illegal where you are then I can see it being a problem.  Shouldn't be out and shouting about an illegal substance, your just asking for trouble.

I am 50/50 on this as I don't know the exact scenario(s).

4. :laughing:  :hide:

[​IMG]

6. I see what you're saying. Basically yeah bud is cool and you can discuss it here and there but there's other things to talk about. Enjoy the herb and use it as a tool for discussing enjoyable topics and having a good time rather than being the entire focus and topic. Thanks for the great reply! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Nailed it. (Hehe construction ref no.2)

8. i love weed too.  i can tell that my friends think i'm an addict.  not many friends who smoke so i get that "look".  but i love weed too much to give a shit.

9. Its pretty irritating when anyone bangs on about one particular subject non stop.
    Im sure ther other things you are interested in.

As churchill said, a fanatic is someone who wont change his mind, or the bloody subject lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Talking about weed is great but there is way more topics to talk about even on this site dedicated to cannabis a good amount of the conversations are not about weed at all like others have said its a time and place next time maybe see what they wanna talk about might discover something even more interesting

11. My mom always described a conversation as a game of ping pong. Eventually the balls gunna fall off and you got start a new round. Even the best rounds of ping pong end and a new one begins. If we just sit there hitting the ball back and forth lightly it's not nearly as fun.

Dunno worked for me but I'm pretty sure I'm autistic.

Do you like pussy? Eat pussy?  Every had pussy?

You need to eat some pussy!

13. OP if that's what you like talking about then who cares if it's too much. That's all relative anyways.

14. yeah it can be annoying. move to a legal state and get a job in the industry if you are that passionate about it. but talking about any one topic for too long is annoying.

15. #15 BloodBooger, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    Are you a grower? Talking weed is fine..in fact, it's probably really helpful. If you are just a user..then I can see where it can get really old really fast with your friends...but as a grower, breeder (I'm lying your honor, I'm a fantacist*) I LOVE talking with others about this ir that strain, their differing traits, highs, flowering, veg traits, etc, etc.....no one is interested in "your high"..unles you are talking about the height of your prize indica/sativa cross.    But talking about "glass" or your newest "bowl cornering technique" is boring to the maxx and a bit nerdy.

* Legal small print

16. #16 Robber3000, Nov 4, 2014
    Interesting you mention Churchill, he came to mind for me too.

I hear because he could read books so ridiculously fast he was able to ingest information across tons of subjects. It was because of this plethora of books that he read about everything that he was considered a fantastic conversationalist; able to contribute to damn near any subject matter.

I figured this was related... Being able to at least project an interest in multiple topics will make you a more interesting person to converse with. Unlike a majority of people here - Outside of this forum I cannot stand people talking about weed; does my head in.

PUG. OUT.

17. OP- You just gotta save those conversations for the people who share the same passion for cannabis as you do.

Sounds like you are obsessed with cannabis.  Welcome to the club. :D

18. #18 boydamien, Nov 4, 2014
    I mentioned him as Iike you found reading about him fascinating
    Prolly to clever for his own good lol

My favourite comeback ( and he had a few) was when some women politician said to him
    " if you were my husband I would poison you're tea"

His response " and if you were my wife, I would quite happily drink it" lol

Sorry for hyjacking you're thread OP

19. Aaayy, yeah I liked that one too!

Shit mate, we better stop talking about Churchill. Topic will get dry, ping pong and all that

i guess it depends on your crowd. Take weed as a religion. For example you have a bible, and you can talk to others about this bible, and use this bible, but this use of the bible is not the be all and end all, it's going towards bigger things, such as a hotel drawer.

this is a great analogy, and i'm stoned, so ah well!