Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Suddenly Feel Guilty About Smoking Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Emily143, Jul 29, 2014.

1. I've been smoking occasionally for around a year but only recently began smoking more regularly. I love weed, and love the way weed makes me feel. But I'm beginning to feel guilty about it. I mean, I can burn through an eighth in a week and boom its gone. 50$ just own the drain with nothing to show for it. I'm thinking about all the money I've spent on weed and thinking of more materialistic items I could have bought with it. I'm a jobless teenager, and I don't get money very often. But when I do, I spend it all on weed. But I don't even really know what else I would buy with the money except maybe a new laptop and clothes. But I don't even really need that stuff. But I use weed to medicate my depression and anxiety and it works quite well. But after its gone the temporary happiness goes away and I begin feeling bad about spending money on it again. I'm just wondering what anybody else thinks. I love weed though, and can't imagine life without it. Do you think its acceptable for me to spend my money on weed even though I'm poor and stuff?  

2. #2 Captain_Jack, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    I think moderation is key. First, try to get a job. Until then, I'd smoke less. personally, I smoke about a gram per week. Don't forget to take the occasional tolerance break either.

Also, if you have other expenses (food, rent, car, school, etc), make sure that they are taken care of before you buy any more herb. That's just my 2 cents though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #3 andy85258, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Trust me get a job, you may have to live without smoking for a month but it's worth it once you can buy weed AND other things as well.  

but really, theres always at least one person in your life who's not gonna like the idea of you smoking weed.

4. Priorities should always come first.

Pots not going to get you anywhere. Its supposed to be something thats an improvement or add on. 

Plan life out then attack it!

5. I used to feel exactly the same way - guilty, for "wasting" my money but then I wrote down all the reasons why it is worth it; and I too used it as a coping method for my depression and ocd.. I can truly say it was worth it since I had a job. Smoking is much more enjoyable when you don't have to budget your weed and cash. I'd suggest you take a short t-break so that your tolerance isn't so high. Is an eight really $50? 

6. I do spend a lot of my money on weed. I recently lost my job so I don't got the awesome cash flow anymore. But I also make sure I have money for things I want, things more useful then weed. You have to learn how to control your weed consumption. 

7. Simple solution: get a job
    That way, it's all your own money so no guilt.
    Don't feel bad about smoking weed. However, know your limits and know the difference between dependence and recreation.

8. I used to feel the same way. I think my problem was my parents were giving me money that they thought was being used for other things, like gas and school. In reality, I was buying a shit load of bud with it. Now that I live in my own house, making my own money, it's way easier. I am guilt free.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Depends where your money is coming from. I don't feel bad spending my money but i work for it. Sure it might get expensive sometimes. But if you don't spend it on nugs you'll spend it on something else.

I once read something more for cigarette smokers. If you smoked a pack a day you could buy a fancy car if you saved the money from cigarettes for a few years. But then why don't all the non-smokers out there have a fancy car?

10. I mean do whatever makes you the most happy. Of course you should put your priorities like bills and saving up for essential stuff first. But if you have a little bit of money left and buying weed will make you happy I say go for it. I work a minimum wage job and I know that when I have some money left over buying weed really makes me feel better and is definitely worth it.

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. If it makes you feel bad after, just stop smoking everyday and only do it on weekends. Try to not do it more than once a day. I bought 10gs, I went through it in a week. I smoked 2 or 3 times a day that week. Now I get depressed after my high is gone, and the high is weak. I hope a break from weed will help me not get depressed from it anymore. 

Also, don't get a job for weed, get a job for money. 

Implying I can't be a 19 year old? 

13. Grow your own weed.. guilt gone

That's not even guilt about smoking weed, that's guilt about wasting money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Here's my 3 wheat pennies from 1941 (in ww2 where they started making bronze pennies to conserve copper for ammo therefore making my pennies better than yours. Fuck. I'm toasted.)
    So, try to get a job, meet people, get a boyfriend/girlfriend whatever floats your canoe. Maybe you might meet someone who's cool with just smoking up his friends. And trust me being a girl has a shit ton of perks. Use them in moderation though don't abuse. You're lucky an 8 lasts you a week I smoke half an ounce in that time but then again I have a serious medical issue. :/ also get a piece of paper fold it into a little square write on it
    Don't feel guilty about IT.
    Go job hunting
    Get a job
    Save at least 1/4 of my paychecks.

Cross them once they're accomplished. You'll feel so good about it, especially when you're high :) let me know what happens.

Just stand up and scream. The tainted clock is counting down.

15. Take care of any underlying problems before you start smoking again..you'll thank yourself later and you'll stop using weed as a temporary lift-me-up

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. weed isn't about "having something to show for it," it's about savoring the moment while it occurs. Think of it more as sacrament. Sometimes you have to temporarily detach from the incessant pursuit of material achievements, and take the time to just appreciate being alive.

17. Thanks for all the answers! I decided I don't feel bad. I'm young, and don't have to pay bills or anything now might as well buy fun things with my money while I still can. 

18. If you are able to grow you should

19. Plus $50 a week isn't shit! Even before i maintained an actual job I could come up with that on my own. I generally smoke an eighth a day to maintain proper medication. That's not even counting the oils that I dab to actually get high. It's crazy but it is a bit cheaper at $25 an eighth (highgrade).

It is easier to do that and not feel so wasteful when you make a chunky paycheck every week though.

Don't feel guilty, the money is going to get spent regardless just be happy that u can still make an eighth last a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum