I STUNTED MY SEEDLINGS!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zoetree, Jun 20, 2017.

1. So my seedlings are 20 days old today and only have 1 set of leaves and the cotyledon. I realized this morning that the cotyledon on one of the plants are turning yellow and the leaves were standing straight up. I think this was from underwatering. But just now I went and tested the PH of the soil for the first time and its at a whopping 8!! WAY TO ALKALINE! :'( They are still in solo cups because they are still small so I hadn't wanted to transfer them to the 5 gallon pots till they got a little bigger. But now I'm thinking I should just transplant them to get them out of the bad soil. Problem is the bag of soil I have measures 7-7.5 so its still pretty alkaline too. Overall the plants still look healthy so I think they can still be saved but I am not sure what I can do to the soil to make it more acidic. I looked it up and it seems like my options are sphagnum peat moss or sulfur but I am not sure whats okay and what will work the best/fastest. Any help is appreciated. Also the distilled water I have is very acidic so I added the PH up! blue stuff to get it to 6.5 and I added Earth Juice Veg (?) to the water. Is that whats messing the soil up? Was it to early for nutes?

2. Post up a pic for people to take a look at. What kind of soil are you using? If you only have one set of leaves it is too early for nutes. And always adjust your pH after adding nutes.

• Like Like x 1