I Still Can't Believe I Quit Weed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by morphyx, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Man I loved weed. The smell. The taste. The high.:smoking:

I smoked daily for 20 years. I liked to party, hang out w/friends, chill, toke, jam guitars...etc. I also smoked because I really thought it helped with stress, anxiety, depression, "getting through stuff". You know, life. Plus, I just loved everything about it. But I did notice that I had to change weed or smoke more as my tolerance adjusted to whatever strain I was toking. When I was getting low, I'd start to get agitated and all my time and efforts were spent on hooking up and waiting on "the dude".

So, something changed in my life and I ended it setting it down for awhile. It wasn't really a conscious choice, just things got busy, sources went dry, money was tight.

A few weeks went by, and suddenly I realized I could think more clearly. I had more energy. I was eating healthier. I slept better and on a more regular schedule. I wasn't dealing with the anxiety/depression issues. It's like I had been living in a fog, but couldn't see it until I was out of it for a bit. Looking back, I realized my memory was very poor...especially short term memory like phone numbers, names, addresses, which day I did whatever. I actually felt better than I could ever remember. It was startling.

That was 13 years ago. Sometimes I still miss the smell and taste. I don't miss the fog. Or the unmotivated laziness and procrastination. I don't miss the cost or the "friends" that ripped me off, hung out when I was holding and disappeared when I was out. I don't miss the paranoia or the depression. I don't miss scraping resin from my bowl while phoning everyone I know.

I really do enjoy getting my life back.

2. Cool.

I'll smoke for you.

3. See thats the problem alot of us stoners deal with, taking the bud to excess. I have also felt that way, the "living in a fog" . What one has to realize is that they can both enjoy bud, and live a clear, healthy, happy life. It's all about motivation and self control. Using weed as a reward, as a way to unwind from a very stressful day, and to celebrate auspicious occasions.

If the majority of your days are sober, then you really wont be living in that fog, and everytime you do smoke that herb, it will be equally as enjoyable as the last.

4. Yeah, I quit for 8 months last year, I didn't notice that big of a change - I just smoked a lot more ciggies and felt bored more often...

Now I'm back smoking again, but I gave up tobbacco. I think thats it's better thing to give up in my case, I've noticed a significant physical change, breathing easier and that..

It's always important to moderate anyway.

Congrats on the change :) take charge of your own universe :)

5. i still cant believe its not butter.

so you quit 13 years ago?

what in the wide wide world of sports brought you here then?

6. This sounds like a story the DEA wrote for people to post on the internet or some shit.

Just because you lack the self control to smoke weed and also have a good life does not mean that is the case for everyone.

You simply can't blame all of your problems on weed.

7. While thats a perfectly valid and paranoid point, I see what the op is trying to say.

I myself too have noticed the fog, everytime I quit I notice it.

It just seems like I'm in a better place 2-3 weeks after quitting, thats probably why I made my last t-break last so long.

It seems to me that once you pass the point of smoking 5-6 times a day you start to get into a daze. But the fact is, whenever you smoke marijuana you feel amazing. Whenever you aren't high, its the complete opposite.

I don't think it has anything to do with self control, I think it has entirely to do with the prolonged long-term heavy use of marijuana.

8. He was not blaming all his problems on weed, he is saying his life is different and it is possible to live without it lol.

If it or anything is taking control of your life, you should do something to change it.

9. You sir, are an idiot. He isn't blaming his problems on weed. I know exactly where this guys coming from. I feel the exact same way but I still haven't stopped. I completely know where you are coming from with the short-term memory, laziness, and spending money you can't afford to be spending on the herb.

However this has still not stopped me from smoking. I guess I just need more time before I come to the realization. But powerful read man +rep

10. Just don't smoke it Everyday for 20 (!!) years. No shit you're going to have problems, Or as you call it, Living in a Fog.

11. nope...i don't miss the paranoia at all. hahaha.

12. That's one thing I never get.... paranoid. Stressin over nothing is the last thing I wanna do when im enjoying my high.

13. I only get the paranoid effects the first month I smoked

14. I'm capable of smoking weed and not being a fuck up.

15. with using weed on the regular you just gotta find what works best for you and stay on top of things IMO.. it's only as tough as you let it be

the reasons you put up are all easily avoidable but it takes a conscious effort

but congrats 13 years is a long time.. a part of me can always respect the fact that a person could permanently go 'sober'

btw - do you drink alcohol?

16. What is even more fucked up about it is that you are posting in a weed smoker's forum. We really appreciate your insights, now I'm gonna suck down another joint if you don't fuckin mind.

17. lol weed only affects your short term memory when your high

18. Could that life changing "something" be that you discovered you were gay? Tell us...it's OK.

19. man +rep. it takes a consciously smart person to realize what you have. way to go.

:hello::hello::hello:

20. None of you have heard of moderation?