Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I sometimes feel sick

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by alandrums89, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Hey all first post so I will try and make this brief and simple. Even though i have been smoking for a while now i still consider myself and apprentice just from the sheer fact that i cant smoke in my house or anything so i have to wait till i go to my bands practice space or my friends apartment. No i am not a moocher i throw down constantly for whatever we buy and i also drive the 40 odd minutes to practice every other week so i make my dues. Plus the 3ft hookah i just bought is covering my part for a while now. Anyways getting back to my point oftentimes when i smoke if i smoke alot i get a severe body buzz and have thrown up in the past. I'm just curious if this is a new smoker thing and i need to just power through it and "man up" or is does this have to do with the quality of bud we are getting. We're not rich so generally we just get reggo's usually about 35$ for a half. If anyone could help me out it would be helpfull. I really want to be able to keep up with my friends when we smoke and not worry about ralphing in their lawn or toilet.I will include a list of somking impliments in a list at the bottom generally it takes me about 4 or 5 big lungfilling hits to get to the point I feel sick.

standard metal "tobacco pipe"
    gravity bong (not home made)
    glass piece
    3ft hookah
    and various joints and blunts

Any help i could get with this would be amazing thanks in advance
    BIG AL:smoke:

2. it could be the regs, i usually dont feel good after smokin regs either...so i usually stick to mids or dank

3. I'd try getting better bud too, yesterday I was sick as hell and threw up 8 times, than I smoked some high mids and the nausea went away instantly

4. Could be what you're eating. Are you eating anything at all in the day before you blaze?

5. Same here

6. 35 a half?!?!

Sounds like you might be smoking schwagg to me.

Get better weed and see if that helps any?

Happy Toking.:smoke:

7. Could be the weed, could be what you eat, could be the mind set your in, could just be your body.

Everyone reacts to weed differently. For instance, weed agrees with me readily, and i can pretty much smoke as much as i want, and the worst that happens is i fall asleep.:D On the other hand, its really not that uncommon, especially among less experienced smokers, to feel sick after smoking too much. My friends describe it as "greening out", they just get sick, some have even had vomitting fits.

IMO its nothing to be concerned about, just know your limit, smoke within it.

8. Couple things

Where you smoke, has nothing to do with how "good" you are at it. You make due with what you got.

You really shouldn't be over generous, people take advantage of that, especially when it comes to weed

Depends on how you throw up. If you throw up because your throat is extremely irritated, that's normal. That's just because you constantly take huge hits and you are irritating the fuck out of your uvula. Try drinking cold water between hits, should fix it.

Now if you are getting nauseous, that's different. Honestly, I can't really pinpoint what the problem is, could be a lot of things, but something isn't going down right if you're getting nauseous. Maybe outline how you smoke?

9. wow first off thank you all for quick and nice responses so far not one your a bitch or noob or anything nice to see that. Ok i will try and answer ass questions that I saw
    1. yes i eat im a big man so i generally eat when over there and with the munchies i totally eat.
    2. edit to original post its 70 a half :hide:my bad but its all nice buds well manicured and fluffy but still regg's
    3. as for how i smoke well generally my buddy his wife and i generally will pack a bowl prob about 1.5 g maybe? and hit it till its cashed generally i take 3 or 4 lungfilling hits and wait about 10 to see if im high enough. if i smoke to much i get a nauseous feeling accompanied with just short bursts of not paying attention ( was cought staring at my knee for 15 mins) but when this happens i generally jsut go from being barely buzzed to FUCKED!! up and i get a tight feeling in my chest and head and slightly dizzy.and its like i really have to struggle to maintain focus beczause we usually have a movie on ( or tv or xbox) so could it possibly be that im just trying to focus o hard and do i need to jsut relax and let mary j do her work???
    another sneaking suspicion im having is that im allergic to cats its been prooven and they have 2 cats who fucking love me for some reason so im wondering if the cat dander plus how hot they keep it in their apt combined with maybe getting a little to high on schwagg weed is maybe contributing in some way.
    4. and as for how i smoke im always downing water or pop or slurpees so i dont think im irritating my throat plus we use a hookah alot to smoke just because its so much cooler and we pack that thing fulll of ice and water so should not be harshness.

well tommorow im checking out getting some better bud maybe even just a few grams to try and see if that works at all. again thanks alot for all the helpfull feedback from everyone if theres more insight i would love to know

10. #10 PatrickTheToker, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    Ok, 70 a half sounds a lot better, haha.

I'm pretty high right now so I don't remember everything in your last post, it was kind of hard to read but I'll do my best.

staring at your knee for 15 minutes is completely normal, i have zoned out staring at nothing so many times..

I have no idea on the cat thing..

Dizziness, That could be quality of bud your smoking, or if you smoke it with seeds/stems left in.

Tight feeling around your head is completely normal. I like the way it feels, its almost like your wearing a hat or something..

What do you mean by hard to focus? Like do you just zone out and can't concentrate on something?
    Thats just because your high. It is hard to concentrate sometimes..

Just let Mary Jane do her thing. Don't try to force your high to be a certain way, it effects everyone differently, so really no 2 people feel the exact same. your state of mind, mood, how much/little you have ate/ whether your in a hurry or not etc. etc. all effect your high as well.

If you can't get into movies/games while high, then just don't do those things. try going for a walk, or listening to music or something else.

Sometimes something you enjoy sober, will be less fun high.
    I love sports, but I can't get into them if I'm watching it while high. I find it kills my high, and is boring.

EDIT: Welcome to the city man, There is not a lot of flaming that goes on in the Apprentice Tokers section. Unless you are trolling, or posting stuff that doesn't belong.
    There is a lot of smart people on here, and a lot of good information.

11. cool so chillax and let lady mj do her thing
    try better bud
    zoning is all good
    and try new things when blazed.
    i wonder if its jsut their place even because when i drive or at band pratice i smoke a shitload and im all good and when i used to smoke in monroe with my ex it was solid and i felt great so maybe its jsut the situation combined with the stuff we do well ill give it all a shot