I smoked 6 months ago, I still feel stoned and I don't like it

Discussion in 'General' started by diablo1010, May 8, 2008.

1. sorta along the lines of what i was thinking. After the first few posts, i was kind of annoyed to see the "expected" responses. Everyone here see's a thread like this, and they think "no way man, theres no way weed will do that to you! especially after one time! it didnt do it to me!" but the fact is everybody is different. Its not that it stayed in your bloodstream or your body, or whatever i saw a few posts "rule out," but you did smoke a pyschoactive substance. I doubt it caused anything extremely serious, but you do seem awfully concerned about how you have been since your first experience with it, so there is a possibilty it could have messed with your head. With something like weed, i'd like to think that you should be able to overcome your difficulties; just with the correct attitude, thinking and mentality and whatnot, because i don't think smoking it a few times will mess with any chemical balances or anything. But I'm no doctor, this is just my opinion... but yea, you used a drug so it certainly COULD have affected you, but i think its something you most likely will either grow away from, or correct yourself. Perhaps a pyschiatrist would be a very good idea???

2. This probably was mentioned before but I never read through the thread, I just reply to the original poster because reading through the thread might alter your original meaning. I don't think it's physically or mentally possible for weed to be causing any sort of effect after 24 hours of consumption. The amount consumed does not really matter because your body will just get high to a certain extent. White Widow is one of the strongest strains you'll ever come across..

3. Hi there dude,

You will be very happy to hear this, but I ALSO have the same thing as you. If i smoke weed I will have the "high" feeling for many months, even more than 6. It is not the same as being fully high. It feels as if your mind has been pushed back into your head. For all you people that think this is a nice thing, and are wishing you also had it, YOU DONT! There are many things during the day you need to concentrate on fully. I found after 8 months i STILL could not concentrate fully and found myself spacing out uncontrollably. It used to make me extremely angry that i could JUST NOT concentrate.

It has been over 2 years now. I can thankfully say I am normal again. I am not about to smoke anything ever again.

For everyone that thinks this may be a psyche thing, i do not think it is. I also do not drink. Because of being semi high for over a year, i have learned to appreciate my conscious state.

4. Dude, you're dying.

5. The long term effects you describe occur only when white widow smoking is combined with daily masturbation.

6. I wish weed kept me high for six months, I'd save alot of money!

7. 2 year old thread, but I stumbled upon it by doing a search similar to the topic.

I've only recently started smoking pot again after almost 20 years...i smoke 1-3 hits a night....while the high lasts about 3 hours or so, the after effect high lasts for 3-5 days, possibly longer as I haven't been able to get back to what I consider my "sober state" of mind...the longest I've gone without smoking has been 5 days and while I 'mostly' felt normal, I still wasn't myself...it totally messes with my head. I feel most normal when I wake up in the morning but after about 30 minutes of moving around, I start to get the altered/semi-high feeling...its really weird....I like it and hate it at the same time.

I believe this original poster...I've been doing some research and apparently weed is fat soluble and some theorize that the THC might not EVER actually fully leave your system....me, im a fat guy so maybe thats why it lasts so long, I dunno.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along for what its worth.

8. lol, dude you are full of shit.

go back to living under that bridge of yours.

9. Wow. I wish I had this guys tolerance. Smoking once and being high for 6 months?

All kidding aside when I first started smoking heavily I kinda had this feeling as well. But after 1 day of sobriety I always bounce back to my normal self. Part of me says its all in your head and another part of me thinks you should visit a psychologist.

If you regularly exercise, eat healthy and get good night of sleep you should be feeling great. Perhaps you are blaming marijuana on some underlying issue?

EDIT: and I didn't realize it when I posted this message, but massive necro thread lol.

10. your brain is about to explode, quickly stab yourself in the skull with a screwdriver to release the pressure.

but seriously, don't do that.

11. It's just not for you, you said it yourself - I cannot believe the mind can really make your perception on weed this way though.

I'd say it's impossible, but think what you like.

It gets me angry how misinformed posts on this thread are, and that it's bumped...

12. Your not "still stoned", it seems like your suffering from a depersonalization disorder most likely or some other type of mental illness. Not to freak you out or anything. I did ibogaine about 2 n a half months ago, closer to 3, and the flashbacks you get are nothing like the little bullshit acid flashbacks lol, I'm talking crazy flashbacks lol, but still nothing too crazy.

Ibogaine stays in your system a loooooong time though, months.

13. lol and i thought it was shitty when i felt stoned the next morning

14. Ah, this is one of the downfalls to reviving a 2 year old thread.

I am not the original poster....I revived the thread to express my own experience which is that I myself continue to feel fucked up for several days after I get high. It's a much more subtle high but very real...when your still occasionally stumbling over normal words with a slight slur 3 days later it tells you something.

Again, I'm not the OP who said it's been 6 months...with that being said, in the last 3 weeks or so since I started smoking after 20 years, I took one 5 day period off...it wasn't until the end of that fifth day that I finally felt "95% normal"...and I decided to smoke again...and since then, I smoke a small amount at night but I remain lightly buzzed throughout the entire next day and I'm definitely not within my normal parameters...I dropped the F bomb like 8x the other day with 2 of my female employees who are in there 60's....totally not characteristic for me.

Anyway, I too think the information in this thread is retarded ....the part where people saying that being high past a couple hours isn't possible that is.

Just my 2 cents.

15. get your thyroid checked

16. not sure if that was a slam or not...but i do have a swollen/enlarged thyroid...doctor sent me in for a bunch of tests and such and i guess im fine, but it is overly large...dunno what the hell that means though.

17. man...i need some of that...longest i ever stayed high was about 4 hours or so.

18. I know EXACTLY what you are going through.
    My first time smoking weed I felt like it opened a whole different dimension of reality for me because I would see things in a different perspective while I was high. I smoked again a couple days later and I had the same reaction. But this time I felt "high" for a whole week. This is because of depersonalization disorder. You get that dream like effect or drunk feeling. You may have got triggered by the weed which caused you to feel this way. Its not the actual weed that is making you feel this way its your mind and the condition of depersonalization. I got a panic attack because I was scared that I wasn't myself, I felt like I was never going to recover. But eventually it faded and I forgot about it. People thought I was crazy and making it up. They told me I was over analyzing but I knew something wasn't right. So that is why I looked it. So this is what I think happened to you.

19. #59 4shotmark, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013

[​IMG]

20. thats odd as hell hah