I slipped up..

Discussion in 'General' started by GillyTHEkid, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Yesterday at work I got down a few minutes early from the lifeguard stand because the diving team was at the diving well so i figured it was cool to do that.

well.. my manager didn't like that and he cussed me out, threatening to report me but he apologized later because he saw my reasoning and he definitely was stressed out. so I dont blame him for exploding at something petty.

i called my supervisor later that day and she said we were all cool and its no bigger and im in no trouble.

so i think everything is cool and i go to work today. i had a bad feeling in my gut tho...

a hour into work, my supervisor and her "asst" supervisor came along and told me that im suspended for 3 days for breaking that rule. she said that i knew better and she doesnt want to do this. at first i was like, "hmm thats cool, it will be like a 3 day break".

as i walked away after signing the report, i realized that this was not fair so i asked for her copy and i tore them to shred in the lobby of the pool. i also said "fuck you to her". so she said a bunch of stuff to me and told me to leave and all that junk.

so I left and now I need to find a job. Any suggestions? sucks i cant use them as a reference any more. i worked a pool for 6 summers, 3 1/2 with this pool company.

tldr: i broke a rule so i was suspended but quit after realizing this was bs.

p.s. Kinda sucks cause the manager yesterday was a buddy and the "asst" manger is also a buddy. Kinda funny cause they are the reasons to my suspension.

But i do realize my mistake in this, should of been good with the rules and maybe not tear that stuff up.

since you blades are my internet family, ill admit i feel kinda bad, i wish i didnt say that stuff and tear up the paper but oh well. but its about time to stop lifeguarding and get a real job.

2. well that was dumb

3. Lol you bailed on your responsibility, even if diving team was there you're suppouse to be the responsible one for the swimmers not them, and whats the reasoning? You said they understood after you told but all you mentioned was the fact that diving team was there and i once again ask so? You're the life guard = keep people safe diving team= team of divers. Don't slack next time you have no right to QQ you even made it worst on yourself going back acting like a little mad punk cussing and behaving foolishly. Shoulda gtfo and got high.

Ps: Before you start QQ'ing at me don't post online if you don't want honest opinions lawls.

4. [quote name='"MoneyBags420"']well that was dumb[/quote]

Agreed.

5. Should've swallowed your pride ....

It's part of having a job

6. Dude you're completely right but seriously this should not be a big deal compared to other shit that goes on. mangers dont fill out the chemical log books all the time, they make numbers up and my supervisor knows full well cuz she puts in fake numbers.

its im shocked that when shit like that flys and when i do something like this i get suspended.

you gotta also hear me out with this, the diving team does whatever the hell they want. all kinds of flips, tucks all that jazz. plus they were getting in line and what not when I got off. so it wasnt like it was the middle of practice.

but seriously i know im at fault.

Yup but as much as this job is important as any other, its just a summer job but I wouldnt be surprised if this bit my in my ass.

7. Agreed.
    Also your dumb. Anyone can drown

8. Sucks dude. Hope you can find a job soon.

Honestly, though, being jobless for the past 3.5 years on your resume is gonna look terrible. Employers are generally not hiring people who don't have a work history because of the way the economy is right now. This is a huge part of the reason why so many college grads are having issues finding employment.

If you're just looking for a summer job, I'd honestly use the pool as a reference. Most places don't check references, and you won't be getting a career-type job just for the summer.

9. "sweet, 3 day break from work
    I want to be mad..fuck you "

10. Well, that didnt work out to well...

You've got a bit of growing up to do, it seems.

11. [quote name='"SmokeyH"']"sweet, 3 day break from work
    I want to be mad..fuck you "[/quote]

Yep lol