I shouldnt have to take this shit

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Rap, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Not too long ago, i moved out from my grandparents house and am rooming with my friend we are sharing rent because we both work, hes 19 he signed the lease. anyway its not the best neighbor hood rofl its 400 a month that covers all the other shit like the water and power and i make 170 a week from my job... and i still get 3 days off a work and i only work 5 hour shifts...

sorry im going off topic...

anywho my grandmother died a few months ago and because everyone in our family was busy we had no memorial... its tomorow and my aunt, and my mom, are staying with us since thursday, they said they would have food and shit, so they been staying since thursday

but, they keep pissing me off... yea i smoke alot of cigs, its my fuckin place, yea i smoke weed, so im doing my own thing... i dont wanna hear shit about "getting my life together." seriously im thinkin about telling them to get the fuck out hahaha...

im happy how im living man... my GF comes over and stays the night... its a 1 br apartment my buddy took the bedroom since his GF stays over alot.. we got a footon in the living room that i sleep on and we got a table in the dining room and our laptops and speakers...

so my mom and aunt need to just shut the fuck up... im not 17 anymore im my own person now

/rant lol but am i a bad person for thinking this ?

2. Oh im sorry i left out a key part...

when i was 15 my mom kicked me out and i had to go live with my grandparents, move and change schools and everything

3. Not a bad person at all. You should try to communicate your feelings to your mom and aunt though, because if you don't tell them it annoys you, they won't know.

4. I do let them know... when ever they try to start some stupid conversation about how i didnt finnish school and all this... i know i didnt finnish school.. i plan to get a GED.. big fuckin deal... and know i dont plan to live like this all my life but for the time being man im just lovin it

5. They just want to make sure your going to do these things, you SAY these things, but your actions don't show them your trying to reach the goals you speak of.

6. Go out and get your education to prove them wrong bro.

7. They should give you respect for having your own place and working, it's your house and you're nineteen, therefore you can live the way you want to live. My parents are the same way with me. My dad came from a poor country family and my mom is an immigrant from South America, neither of them went as far as they wanted to in life. My older brother went in the totally wrong direction and is now in jail. My parents had big dreams for me. They expected me to basically follow society and go right into a good college. I graduated high school (I was the first out of my siblings to do so) and I got accepted into a law school but it was too expensive and I was going through some bullshit so I ended up in community college for a year but I didn't like it. I'm nineteen now and my dream is to be a personal trainer/fitness instructor/author. I'm going to school in the fall for personal training and soon I'll be a certified Zumba teacher (it's a Latin/hip hop type of dance). I have a good head on my shoulders despite my past mistakes but I chose not to take society's expected path. I'm not in college like they expected, I smoke daily, and I just do my own thing. I have a big heart, I love to help people, and I can honestly say that I don't lie, steal, or cheat people. I love to read books and write. I'm not a dumb girl but my own father refuses to even talk to me or look at me. He called me a fuck up because I dropped out of college and because I have tattoos and piercings. He calls following society "playing the game" and says my life will be shit if I don't but everyone plays the fucking game and everyone is fucking miserable, I've never been a follower. It's sad but you know what, if they can't respect us for taking our own path as long as it isn't harmful then they're the ones missing out.

Basically your mom just wants what's best for you and she's not showing it in the right way but she cares in her own way. Be positive, never give up, and really do get your G.E.D eventually. You can do all of that and still have time for fun. Good luck.

8. #8 Rap, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
    im 18. but yea me too, i dont lie, i dont steal or cheat, i dont sell weed, i have a good heart but it just makes me mad that i havnt seen or talked to them in months and they are just gonna trip about this makes me not wanna really ever see them agian

my mom did live in this city for a while and she really hates where i live... its an apartment complex that has been infamous over the years for all the big drug bust, and they accept know sex offenders and stuff but everyone starts somewhere

9. If you don't think they have money to get food, I'd devise a plan to get your friend who signed the lease to make up some bullshit of why they can't stay.

10. #10 JayF, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
    She said it all right there.

One thing I will say is that you only get one mom. Don't be disrespectful to her over the situation, especially at a time that's a bit emotional for all involved. You should definitely try to be as accommodating as possible while she's staying.

Everyone's mother's a pain in the arse from time to time. Even if you don't necessarily agree with what she's saying, you should just take it on board and keep your mouth shut. Don't go kicking her out. That's just going to make the situation a whole lot worse.