Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I seriously need help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GanjaEveryDay, Sep 19, 2011.

1. I'm not trying to bring down the mood of GC or anything, but..
    I have a history of severe depression. My father passed away a while ago, which is kind of where it all started. With a family of cannabis smokers, i turned to bud for comfort and to help me get through my day.
    But now, i've not smoked in quite a while, i figured it's over a week, and my depression is back. I've been moody with my brother, mom, and friends, and when alone, i've been depressed and upset, because life feels so shit at the minute. It's not like i'd do anything stupid, i just need cheering up.

GC, should i just go buy bud and spark up, or consider help otherwise?

GeD.

2. Sorry buddy depression really sucks, I have been thru it. Seek the help of a professional.

3. I know, bro. It's shittt.
    I have money in my pocket right now, so i think i might go buy.
    But i've been considering psychiatric help.

4. Well in a case like this you might want to go see a doctor. While im all for sparkin up to ease a bad mood, if your experiencing serious depression, it would be best to get some medical attention

5. therapists/psychiatrists beat mind altering substances 10 fold. using any sort of drug that gets you high to hide from problems is not good. it doesnt help the problem, or do anything for it really. just postpones the sadness it causes you. you have to talk about issues of the heart to make it better, you can't smoke sadness away.

good luck brother

6. sometimes you just need someone or something to convey your feelings to.
    try try try.
    dont give up man. thats all it is. just dont give up/

7. Appreciate it, guys.
    I don't feel like i'm at the point of giving up.
    I'll admit, i did try to take my own life on a few occassions last year, but i'm way past that now.
    Psychiatric/proffesional help seems like the way forward then.

GeD

8. To rehash what has been said, some of my friends smoke because they can't deal with life. i think that using weed to hide is like staying in a bounce house to stay out of the rain. weed and bounce houses are fun, but not when you are using them to get away from something!

its a shitty analogy but you probably get it

9. I get it, man. Thanks. :)
    I think.. i'll go pick up, get baked..
    And then look into psychiatric help when i get home.
    Cheers for the help, brothers. :love:

10. Is there a reason why u have not smoked in a week are you trying to give up?

Anyways if you are depress then you should seek professional help, smoking will only help you forget- relax wile you are high, Its sounds to me like you have a long term problem that cannabis is just supressing. (don't confuse depression with boredom try to keep your self occupied as much as poss) Not saying you are just a thought as i do it a lot lol
    BUT a trip to ya m8s for a smoke to pass the day may help. cheer up

11. Cheers, bro. That helped.
    The reason i've not smoked for a week-ish, is because i never smoke on my own. I've had bad experiences with smoking on my own. And most of my friends are otherwise occupied. My usual smoking buddy is on holiday, one got a job and another has stopped smoking.
    But i'm considering smoking on my own. Just relaxing more. Watch some South Park, listen to some music and blaze up. :D

And yes, i do have a long term problem in all honesty. My father's passing, problems with friends and my girlfriend all added up to my increased use of cannabis. It did kind of help to suppress my inner thoughts and worries.

12. If thats the case i would say dont smoke alone or smoke someting a little lower grade, put lessin if for yourself so you dont get so high and try to be somewere you feel relaxed ie home if you can.
    I find one off the good things about grass if you get to high you can always fall asleep
    and the dreams are so much better :)

13. I suffer from severe depression as well, and have gone through a few situations similar to yours, my best advice is surround yourself with friends, even if you feel shitty and don't feel like getting out of bed, go hang out with your dudes. Have a hobby! I do photography, when I have a camera in my hand I forget about being depressed and have creative ideas ! And spend as little time alone as possible, when I'm alone I can't help but have depressed/suicidal thoughts. Also, make sure weed is not a crutch, it was mine for a while, when I went dry for a few months, I was at my lowest morale ever. Just live dude. Due to unfortunate side affects/allergies most depression medicines are out of the question for me, and it's never good to rely on something like that.

14. Thanks, man. :)
    Yes, i can smoke at home when my Mom's not in, and she won't be tonight. We're both open about smoking bud, but it's just that she doesn't like me smoking on my own, because of the bad experiences. I'm free tonight, and no-ones home until tomorrow afternoon.
    So, i'll pick up, relax and watch listen to some music, and watch South Park.
    Cheers, bro!
    GeD

15. Cheers for this, bro. Helped a lot. I don't particularly have a hobby anymore. It used to be skateboarding, which i gave up on. I still have about 3 boards in my room, and others lying in my garage, so i'd consider that again. Take my mind off things.

16. I would say toke up. Unless lack of marijuana increases the amount of negative thoughts/feelings past what seems typical of you. That could be a sign of dependence.

17. i feel ya homie i been the same way for the past couple of months but if the bud jus helps when ur high and when u become sober again the same shitty feelings come bakk u might need more help than the bud man trust it helps and seems like the simplest solutions but it may not be for the long term i hope u feel better man and sorry for ur loss:wave:

18. You could be experiencing some withdrawal. I wouldn't suggest smoking. But if I was you, I probably would buy about an eighth and tell myself to make it last over two weeks, only smoking on occasion particularly when in a good mood.

Buck up boyo.

19. I've had depression as well, and I still get bouts of it. There's nothing wrong with SAFELY self-medicating, but that only treats the symptoms. You need help to get to the root cause and that will take therapy. You probably hate to hear it but it's 100% true. Don't let them put you on Anti-Depressants though, so many bad side effects (I gained 20lbs over 3-4 months from mine, needless to say I quit taking them asap). You just need behavioral therapy (not for BEHAVIOR issues necessarily, that's just what plain therapy is called). You can get to the root of the issue, take care of it, and keep on truckin'. I'm really sorry about your loss though, I think losing my Gramma is what brought it upon me. But remember, your mother, and brother are feeling the same loss. Even if it was a while ago. Another important thing is don't get lazy. Exercise really helps alleviate stress and depression, keep the endorphins flowing!

Not to mention working out is great for you too, you can stay fit, it'll help you keep THC metabolites in your blood down, and if you smoke after working, you'll feel a LOT higher (in my case at least), but it makes sense because your endorphins are already flowing (making you feel good) and then you burn one or something and you'll feel SOOOO good.

pm me if you need anymore information, or a chat in general! I hope you're feeling better soon :)

20. Its best to vent and let it all out, and we're all here to support you and offer you help (except Oscar, he'll just make jokes). Vent to us!

But in all seriousness; depression sucks man, we've all been there, but masking your feelings with drugs isn't good. Try excersize, or try deep breathing and relaxation methods. Write your thoughts on a piece of paper, all of them, good or bad, and then burn the paper. There's so many ways to get stuff off of your mind. Hang out with friends, etc etc. But most importantly, apologize to your mom and brother, they're feeling the same thing you are, and lashing out isn't going to help anyone.

Peace&Love man. Hope you feel better, and if you've gotta talk about anything, feel free to shoot me a personal message.